Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New FOCUSABLE 200mW Red on DX

Benm

You reckon these are from the same factory as the greens?

I'm quite hopeful regulation will be better since these reds run off 2 lithium cells, leaving plenty of room for regulation.

Damn!

My order, which said it was shipped this morning, (I even got the "Order Shipped" email notification) is suddenly showing "pending" again... WTFDX? Anyone else get an email saying theirs was shipped yet?

:mad: CC

apply for your "secret agent" ID then maybe you can trace DX stuff...

anyway it works and takes like 2.5 weeks

SN

And the good thing about these is that there is no chance for them to mode hop, unlike the greens which will reduce the burning by half, thats why we need to get green diodes.... no more mode-hopping and you dont need to waste all the energy on a huge 500mw ir diode to get 100mw of green.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

i was wondering how urs was shipped already
since i ordered before anyone else and mine is still processing

tomcat

even for around 130mw it BANHAMMERS all prices on here to the relms of bestbuy :p i got me one...

Yeah... I've emailed DX support and they are very apologetic but WTF? Did they order just 10 of the things and not anticipate it selling? Now that they have hundreds of orders I hope the factory that makes them isn't just slapping them together with even less quality control to meet the back-orders. I asked them why the several people here who ordered within hours of it being posted have not seen their product ship yet and all I get are more apologies and offers to cancel my order. They must be pretty messed up with the new website and all.

I wouldn't be pissed if they hadn't sent me the "Order Shipped" email and got my hopes up... :mad:

Now I got them pending blues again... :'(

;D CC

Looks like an impending global sigh of disappointment when these are finally shipped to everyone, the way things are going.

I ordered on the 4th and just this morning it is now in the "packaging phase" also.
I've had no issues at all with my green 200mW from DX. Cuts black electrical tape, burns great, pops balloons and lights matches just fine. I guess I just lucked out and got a good one.

On DX's page with the 200mW green it clearly states:

" Important EMS Notice: Do not use EMS shipping if your country does not allow importing green lasers, or if you're unsure of whether your country allows these kinds of products. We will not be responsible for losses due to customs confiscation. "

I've ordered several lasers from HK/China through DX as well as eBay vendors and always used standard air mail shipping (not EMS) and have never got anything confiscated.

On average it has taken 7-10 days after DX ships till I receive my items.

I'll post back ASAP when the red monster comes in!

im glad to hear somebody got past the "order processing" stage, hopefull it will get to you soon :D... well it appears that several people have theirs in the "packaging" stage ;D

mine says
11315 High-Power 200mW Red Laser Pen (Burns Match + Visible Beam Daytime) x 1 Pending
ETA 3/10/2008 $53.80 -
so guess i gotta wait a few more days

yea sounds too good to be true x2 for about 100.00 bucks had to try them out

Isn't the 30mW green "too good to be true"? Well, that turned out "true" as did the KD 50mW, and this is a relatively cheaper red.

bob1122 said:
Isn't the 30mW green "too good to be true"? Well, that turned out "true" as did the KD 50mW, and this is a relatively cheaper red.

the DX true30mw green laser is one of the best bang for buck lasers on the market, the quality isn't the best so you may get a defective one, but for the cost you can't complain