Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New Drone :)

ped

So anyways I had a bit of spare cash this month and decided to treat myself to one of these..

596106551500004800bfca65.jpg

The DJI Spark...and what a bit kit.

Below are a couple of vids, the first one being its maiden flight.

Go easy...I'm still learning :crackup:

Ped

PS are my vids showing up? they're not for me :/

Last edited:

Absolutely so Awesome Ped !!!!
I love it.
Congrats on a fantastic bit of kit.
These things are beautifully engineered.
I love the videos too, they show fine.
The scenery is very cool and I love the last one where you take off and land.

Enjoy my friend, these are such fun and very addictive.
I might share some vids too later when I learn to edit them.

:beer:

Last edited:
Nice new toy you have there....

Looks like there is a Mandatory Software upgrade for
the Spark. It seems that you have until Sept 01 2017
to install it. Not sure what happens to your spark after
the deadline.. Perhaps going to the DJI Forum to get
some info would be wise.

A few months ago DJI did an update for my P4P+ and
luckily I am a member of DJI's Forum and found that
if I updated my Software I could end up limiting my
Height and distance with my Camera being shut down
with the new upgrade.

I have not upgraded my P4P+ since... It flies great
as is. For me... If is ain't broke... Don't fix it.

Jerry

You purchase the full drone parts ? or you've print every single parts with 3D Print ?

Anyway , nice little drone !

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hi Ped, congrats on your new drone! :beer:
Your videos are showing up just fine, and they are awesome. :cool:
Anytime you want to drop in and share more videos would be fine too, thanks for sharing!

ped

Thanks Andrew, Jerry & BTG.

@ RB, what I want to do is when there is very low cloud, or fog...send the drone up and shine a laser into the cloud to see what it looks like from the "inside"...after making sure there are no aircraft around...and making sure I don't hit the drones CCD.

@ Jerry, Apparently the SW update is mandatory, and you CAN NOT get airborne after the 1st Sept until you have updated. There is a load of $hit over it being forced upon us.

@BTG, my video editing skills are basic at best, I've downloaded Wondershare Filmora which is meant to be easy...going to have a play with it.
If the wind isn't too much I'm taking it out tonight so I'll put a couple more vids up.

Thanks guys.

Thanks, ped. That was very cool. You seem very experienced at flying these drones. I bought one for my daughter awhile back and tried it out myself before giving it to her. It's a lot harder than it looks. + rep

Look at all of those beautiful brick faced buildings, different world over there compared to the construction in Alaska.

ped

Thanks, ped. That was very cool. You seem very experienced at flying these drones. I bought one for my daughter awhile back and tried it out myself before giving it to her. It's a lot harder than it looks. + rep

That's very kind of you.

On the contrary I'm a novice drone pilot, but experienced RC heli pilot...maybe that has put me in good stead.

That being said, these drones are so intelligent, they fly themselves...you just point it's nose in the the direction you want to go :crackup:

Ped

EDIT, hold on...I think my rep was just below 5000 a couple of days ago..WTH happened :crackup:

Last edited:

CE5

what I want to do is when there is very low cloud, or fog...send the drone up and shine a laser into the cloud to see what it looks like from the "inside"...after making sure there are no aircraft around...and making sure I don't hit the drones CCD.

Now THAT would be cool!

That's very kind of you.

On the contrary I'm a novice drone pilot, but experienced RC heli pilot...maybe that has put me in good stead.

That being said, these drones are so intelligent, they fly themselves...you just point it's nose in the the direction you want to go :crackup:

Ped

EDIT, hold on...I think my rep was just below 5000 a couple of days ago..WTH happened :crackup:

It wasn't me, buddy. I only gave you 500+ points in your tally. If it went down, must have been someone else. :D