Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New big boy toy! Jetlasers PL-E Pro 300mW 532nm review

Gabe

Alright people, replacement has arrived. I've noticed right off the bat there are several scratches on it already, which makes me believe it's a second hand part which makes sense. Also, the beam and dot seems noticeably dimmer than the original part, I'll have to stick with it some more to be sure. The reason I got this replacement was because the beam on my original laser was off centre and quite crooked, this replace the laser's beam is a bit closer to centre, but MUCH less crooked. It works better than the first laser with some of my expanders, but it's still not perfect and that's to be expected sorta. I would take pics and measurements if I weren't feeling so under the weather/weak. Stay tuned, friends.

Wow i thought jetlasers were better then sending a replacement that is scratched? sorry thats not ok at all i would never accept this and get a laser that is even more dimmer makes no sense at all, dont they test lasers before sending them? . its weird how much good you have read about them here both their lasers and customer service but when u send a replacement you should make sure it is 100% working and has no flaws or anything to make the customer happy sad to see they didnt in this case..

Last edited:

Gabe

It is strange. It was packed alone in a cardboard foam padded box, so the scratches couldnt've come from shipping. The scratches, I really don't care all that much about, it's the power. I asked Gray for an LPM video of the replacement head before it got sent out, he happily obliged but I didn't get one yet, I just asked him of it. Also, there are some strange artifacts real close around the dot that aren't around my original. I would send them both back and ask for a new one, but I don't have a source of income, I just don't have that kind of money yet to send back multiple, I only have enough for one without withdrawing from my custom host-making funds :/
But I know things will be made right. Gray hasn't let me or anyone else down yet, I don't think it's starting now. I'm sorry still, I will provide pictures tomorrow maybe, I'm still sick in bed.

Last edited:
Have you gotten a response yet of this? im curious what they will say.. either way they should cover the shipping since they sent u a faulty replacement. But either way its frustrating i can understand first time something went wrong but when u send something that is just as bad as the first one it makes u wonder how it could happen.

Last edited:
It is strange. It was packed alone in a cardboard foam padded box, so the scratches couldnt've come from shipping. The scratches, I really don't care all that much about, it's the power. I asked Gray for an LPM video of the replacement head before it got sent out, he happily obliged but I didn't get one yet, I just asked him of it. Also, there are some strange artifacts real close around the dot that aren't around my original. I would send them both back and ask for a new one, but I don't have a source of income, I just don't have that kind of money yet to send back multiple, I only have enough for one without withdrawing from my custom host-making funds :/
But I know things will be made right. Gray hasn't let me or anyone else down yet, I don't think it's starting now. I'm sorry still, I will provide pictures tomorrow maybe, I'm still sick in bed.

Have you gotten a response yet of this? im curious what they will say.. either way they should cover the shipping since they sent u a faulty replacement. But either way its frustrating i can understand first time something went wrong but when u send something that is just as bad as the first one it makes u wonder how it could happen.

Very sorry to hear of this.. its not at all like the service we have become accustomed to.

.. during the > 100 pcs of JLs I did in 11 group buys I can only remember one time when something similar happened IIRC it was an assistant who shipped a 'less than pefect' replacement-- It was a choice of sending one quickly or waiting for another to be built, I must say, however, its not at all the norm to be so tolerant of a company when something like this happens. Few companies can say they have this many loyal fans. This is appreciated very much. Just in case Gray has not seen this thread I will fwd a link to him now.

Len

Gabe

Very sorry to hear of this.. its not at all like the service we have become accustomed to.

.. during the > 100 pcs of JLs I did in 11 group buys I can only remember one time when something similar happened IIRC it was an assistant who shipped a 'less than pefect' replacement-- It was a choice of sending one quickly or waiting for another to be built, I must say, however, its not at all the norm to be so tolerant of a company when something like this happens. Few companies can say they have this many loyal fans. This is appreciated very much. Just in case Gray has not seen this thread I will fwd a link to him now.

Len

Thanks a bunch Len. Haven't been able to view the video of the LPM test Gray sent, I can't install flash player on my tablet. But Gray said the replacement was running at 300-400mW, which leads me to believe the original head was running at much higher powers. Cause I mean, I've never owned a laser of this brightness before, so I have nothing to compare it to. Will keep everyone posted.

Yer very welcome..

The same day I suggested that Gray got a graphing LPM and add this for each laser he told me to let him know a good choice and next day he sent me the $$ to buy & reship his LB ....sadly better & cheaper ones came soon after that..

Prices, instructions and customer help was terrible compared with the other choices we now have. I almost asked Gray to allow me to send it back for a refund. He put his best tech guys on learning it so all ended well .

FYI Gray has done some very generous deeds here. All kinds of help for our members with awlful circumstances. He never wants credit for these acts of kindness..
Sadly some scammers have seen this kindness as a weakness and ran a few scams on Gray. I have asked him to show me the requests to help weed out the scams.

Shame on them...

best wishes Len

Last edited:

Gabe

You said it Len, no good deed goes unpunished.
Updates ladies and gents! I feel so stupid, I should've known better than to think Jetlasers would send me a scratched up and dim laser. So scratches, with the denial of sending a scratched unit from JL, and seeing scratches upon arrival by Yours Truly, it should be blatantly obvious to the most casual observer that it must've been them pesky customs people. And you'd be right! I somehow totally forgot about the one month pit stop at the inspection office as directed by our friends, Canada Post. "We dunt kno why it's illegal, but boss told us so and we'll enforce it."
As for power, it's not the new unit thats under spec, but rather the oldunit that's overspec! Which leads me to an ultimatum... More jooce or better alignment? Here's the LPM video of that exactl laser that got sent to me, for those who care;

Everything's alright folks :)
EDIT: Contrary to previous statements, it seems like this new laser gets to about the same brightness as my old one, it just needs a little warmup, as shown in the LPM vidjeya. So no worries. I'd like to thank everyone who's read and commented on this, as well as Len and especially Gray :)

Last edited: