Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 462nm Diode?

Grix

Some info from a mail from DTR. (I hope it's okay to share). These diodes sounds amazing!

Quick test on one was 2.3W @ 1.8A and my bet is it is at least 470nm. Slightly better beam specs also than he M140's. Closer the the Osram PLTB450B's.:)

IsaacT

That info would make the 9mm variants worthless right? Damn.

Pretty much- but part of me wonders if that isnt for the better, as im not sure there is an infinite source for the 9mm variant- although I dont have anything to back that up, just havent heard anything about it being used in projectors oe what have you.

Hopefully DTR will release the manufacturer at least. One could only assume Nichia, but it doesnt seem like Nichia is a fan of high powered diodes outside of the 9mm package :crackup:

Oo my, I feel so out of touch.... I haven't seen this thread for 2 days since it was posted:eek:!!! :D I just saw DTR's new diode page and then come over here and found this thread. I think the 462 in M462 stands for 462nm, but I'm not certain if it's DTR's name for it or the manufacturer's (or part of the products ( if harvested) name/number).

Personally I don't think either this or the 9mm 462nm diodes are binned 445nm's because of the "big?" 17nm jump. I don't think you could get that many super high wavelength diodes.

Anyway, it looks like we are in for another adventure to see what this new diode can do:san:.

Last edited: