Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

New 2.4W 445nm Laser Build :)

IsaacT

Onyxia's Heart, Flame of the Drakes

Hey guys, I am going to keep this short and sweet. I have built a new 2.4W 445nm laser
using a 9mm Diode from DTR and a custom host from Ehgemus. As with all Ehgemus builds,
it was easy and the end product is always very high quality. I know I can count on both of
them for good product, everytime.

Beamshots:

Video:

Conclusion:

I hope you all have enjoyed my very brief look at my new 445nm monster. It has been too long
since I have had a portable blue in my life. The battery life on this bad boy isn't as long as
my usual 445nm lasers, but I like the compact size of it and I suppose it is an alright compromise.

Thanks,
Isaac

Last edited:

Very nice build! I like how elegant, yet minimalist the host is. The black and gold go very well together (they were also my high school colors).

+rep for the pics, design choice, and execution!

IsaacT

Thanks, I originally put my 685nm module in the host, but it just felt like the blue was a perfect match.

jimdt7

Very nice build my friend! Black and gold blend very nicely in this host! +1 :beer:

Jim

IsaacT

Thanks guys :) I love it! Might sell it though, who knows. Lol :p my favorite thing is the building process and the photography process.

gismo

There's been so much laser goodness coming out of your creative workshop lately, WBS. Hard to choose from the latest builds you've kindly shared with the forum. You've displayed the fruits of labour in a very tasteful manner:kewlpics:, the cooperation with Ehgemus results in respectable and watchable design.

:gj:

DTR

Very nice. Always love Ehgemus hosts but those gold bands make it. Congrats.:beer:

IsaacT

Thanks DTR :) Yeah, after seeing the Brass accents that he put on my 520 build, I asked for an anodized host that also had the bands. I'm loving it :)