Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NEW 1.5-2.5W 445nm Blue/Black Ice/Flash Freeze Lasers FREE US Shipping

Re: New 1.3-2.5W 445nm Flash Freeze/Black Ice Lasers Free US Shipping

True, people always complain about their lasers breaking on them but as long as you handle your laser properly (use the wrist strap to avoid accidental dropping) and buy a quality laser, then it will last you a long time :D

Received priority tracking number from Apex, I'm supposed to receive by or before Weds at the latest because I'm going to Electric Forest Festival :: June 27 - June 30, 2013 :: Rothbury, Michigan As fans of lighting, you guys would seriously LOVE and go CRAZY with the amount of lasers and shit that are going on at this event. It is truly the most amazing spectacle I've ever seen/experienced.

True, people always complain about their lasers breaking on them but as long as you handle your laser properly (use the wrist strap to avoid accidental dropping) and buy a quality laser, then it will last you a long time :D

As a matter of fact I just started changing the straps on my lasers to include a small silver plated stainless steel split ring that prevents the strap from cutting itself on the metal of the host. Its quite a bit stronger now and looks great.

Received priority tracking number from Apex, I'm supposed to receive by or before Weds at the latest because I'm going to Electric Forest Festival :: June 27 - June 30, 2013 :: Rothbury, Michigan As fans of lighting, you guys would seriously LOVE and go CRAZY with the amount of lasers and shit that are going on at this event. It is truly the most amazing spectacle I've ever seen/experienced.

I looked up a few random pictures of it on goggle and it looks like quite a bit of insanity lol. The laser should be great there just be mindful of its duty cycle and take EXTREME caution not to hit anyone with it. The damage it would do to someone's eyes from even the fastest flash from a long distance would not be something you would want. Nobody wants to leave a festival blind.

Thats good to hear. Most people scrap those straps when they get them but all my lasers keep the wrist straps.....would never risk dropping my delicate lasers :D

I really hope mine gets here on Wednesday as well. Can't wait, bout to be taking off out of town for like a week, and it'd be pretty nice to check it out, have it with me for when I go camping this up coming weekend. :) Oh, and for the fourth. :evil: Lol-

I took a few awesome shots of these lasers through smoke from a camp fire last time I went camping. The second two I used my PL520 at the same time for a cool effect. The camera made the beam a little darker blue on the Black Ice than it is in reality though.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44458060/LPF/Lasers Smoke/P1010710.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44458060/LPF/Lasers Smoke/P1010715.JPG

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/44458060/LPF/Lasers Smoke/P1010712.JPG

Last edited:

Yeah, I live in the city so there's always quite a bit of light pollution. Have to go out of town to get some nice outdoor shots, but I'm really looking forward to it.

Nice pics indeed though Apex, I definitely like that second one. +1 :D

Last edited:

Are you open to trades?

ApexProxy is a very professional guy to deal with!Thats for sure!

Dear Jeff:

Are you planning to have the 1.8 mW Black Ice Laser available anytime?

Thanks for your wise advices and professional way to deal with us..

Miguel

I actually don't plan specific outputs. Each laser is built to run where it achieves the most output without expending too much heat. Some laser diodes just aren't as efficient as others and if I ran them at the same current as the top lasers some would burn out in minutes because they just can't handle as much.

Last edited:
Re: New 1-2W 445nm Black Ice Lasers starting at $110 free US shipping

I was asking you because as I see below the cheapest ones have been sold, and I guess that for the seldom use that I would use a US$160 laser is more than enough.
I have the feeling and according to what I have been read and my own feeling, your lasers should be more reliable than other commercially available, chinese, WL, and a pair of 2W lasers I got from lazerpoint.com.

Miguel

2.0W Black Ice - $180 - SOLD
1.8W Black Ice - $160 - SOLD

I only have the 2.1W lasers available right now I have parts for more on the way but that's it for the moment.

Custom built lasers like mine are substantially better quality than found in mass produced lasers. For the most part I don't suggest buying any mass produced lasers over 500mW if it can be helped because most can't handle the heat very well and won't last as long because of that.

I don't have too many posts and I don't want to hijack this thread, but your builds are great and if there is anyone who builds like this who would be open for a trade, please PM me, I have a pair of Oakley Half Jackets with a case I'd love to trade, and I can include pics in the PM! (I'm new btw, but love lasers!)

It's proper etiquette to make your first post in the welcome section, and introduce yourself. Also read your visitor message..