Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

neg reps

Status
Not open for further replies.
When neg repped you should not turn around and neg rep that person back for neg reping you. That's just very imature especially when you where giving out info that could possibly harm somone

Probably helps when your not so eager to hand negative rep out in the first place. Be prepared for the consequences.

Last edited:
Probably helps when your not so eager to hand negative rep out in the first place. Be prepared for the consequences.

A neg rep is plenty deserved when someone could get eye damage because of false information

Also neg reping someone for neg reping you is just stupid

A neg rep is plenty deserved when someone could get eye damage because of false information

Also neg reping someone for neg reping you is just stupid

You don't understand the point of having the rep system, This is for people to learn things, Yes I did neg rep you, but you did it with out any reason except for what you thought was true, I obviously had no intent to hurt him, and I was explaining very important information to him, you aren't supposed to neg rep everyone who has a wrong post (or what you think is wrong) this is all for the learning experience, and for people who all enjoy the same hobby to have conversations about there experiences. I apologize for doing so, but you should really ease up on what you do, it would have been much more productive to post and tell me how you feel before jumping to a harsh conclusion.

I am actually glad we even have negative rep.
I mod at another site and it was removed for this (among other) reason.
No you shouldn't neg someone back because they neg you, but then each person has to decide if they were neg reped deservingly or not. If so, lesson learned. If not....uh oh!
Do we retaliate?

Whatta moral dilemma!

Just be fair people

I don't mind justified neg reps, but it really grinds my gears when people randomly neg rep you for no obvious reason.

Foshizzle hope you know I'm not trying to flame you ..but like I said my info has been tested

This is just like when you guys negreped the guy that said buy a 5mw greeni in the 7 year old thread for what? bad information

Foshizzle hope you know I'm not trying to flame you ..but like I said my info has been tested

This is just like when you guys negreped the guy that said buy a 5mw greeni in the 7 year old thread for what? bad information

Okay I understand where you coming from, when it allow's me too, ill +rep you.

When neg repped you should not turn around and neg rep that person back for neg reping you. That's just very imature especially when you where giving out info that could possibly harm somone

Did you really need to open a thread to whine about
receiving a Neg Rep from a member that you just
Neg Repped...:thinking:

My advice would be... Suck it up and move on....

Jerry

Last edited:
Just went through that whole thread.

bennett326 you are way too fast to jump to neg reps imho, and that can come back to bite you, like it did this time.

Foshizzle45 - looking at the dot of a laser is perfectly safe, depending on three primary factors - distance from the dot, the output of the laser in question, and the reflectivity constant of the material the laser is pointed at. To put it simply, staring at the dot of a 50mW 532nm laser is perfectly safe from a few feet away, as long as you're not shining it at a mirror or anything else reflective where you can catch a direct reflection to your eyes.

Also recommending crappy or unknown goggles is a bad idea, because they can vary A LOT in terms of quality, and will lead to nothing except a false sense of security.

For someone looking to get goggles on budget, in the future please recommend these: RadiantShades for Blue and Green Lasers

You can also tell them to pickup and install an IR filter for added safety from the same site...

Yep I over reacted ill fix it when I can mode please lock this thread sorry guys

Status
Not open for further replies.