Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Needed: LaserBee 2.5 USB disk

Hoping someone out there could help me out. When I moved from my last house my disk for my LaserBee went missing. Since then I have also ditched to old computer it was downloaded onto. I have a Mac now and don't even recall if it worked with Mac but, if you have a spate copy of this disk, or could burn one, or if it can even be sent via Internet as a self extracting file, I really need a copy. I can get another PC if needed but if you have the driver files for a Mac that would be great. If not, the PC version will be fine too. Please PM me if you can help.
Thanks!

The LB software is not Mac compatible at all much to my annoyance. Mine uses the PL2303 chipset and there are many mac drivers for that chip and it works great with Peregrine as ARG mentioned. Some of the USB LBs used a different serial->USB chip (which one escapes me) and I'm not sure if there's a mac driver available. I'd be surprised if it's not using the PL2303 as it's by far, IME at least, the most common serial->usb chipset on the market.

Thanks, when I have the time I will download that open source program and see if it will work. I don't care much about data logging, I just want to test my builds and get a reasonable idea of my output power. Anybody here ever try to use something like a PBS or semi reflective surface with known losses to calculate the output of a laser higher than 2.5w with something like the LB USB 2.5? I've never tried it but if I could find a mirror with a known percent reflection (I.e. 50%) I was thinking of trying to estimate my power on my 9mm builds that are likely getting over 3w. Reflecting half the power onto the sensor should make this a reasonable approach but I've not seen anyone on the forum doing this. Haven't looked for it specifically but thought I would ask here.
Thanks,
JM

jimdt7

If you still want the files for the PC version asap...shoot me a PM! :beer:

Jim

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Jerry won't give you one or wait, probably is asking $15 for it. Customer service driven by money.........only the best support for our customers :crackup:

jimdt7

Jerry won't give you one or wait, probably is asking $15 for it. Customer service driven by money.........only the best support for our customers :crackup:

BTW where is Jerry,.I haven't seen him on the forum for quite some time... :thinking:

Jim

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Once the rubicon hit the market he went ghost.....afraid of competition family issues, retirement, who knows. I have my own opinion on it, along with a bunch of people, but that's abother discussion

ARG

Yeah, IIRC he tried to charge Trevor for a replacement user manual and software. :crackup:

Yeah, IIRC he tried to charge Trevor for a replacement user manual and software. :crackup:

Nothing says customer service like over charging for a LPM in the first place and then sticking the knife in deeper and turning it to get a little more cash out of you........

So, what's the Rubicon? A better LPM I presume?

I appreciate the help everyone. I have an old PC somewhere so if I can't get the open source to work I may take you up on the PC OEM disk. Thanks!

NKO29

yeah, i made the mistake of buying a LaserBee device... Trevor is now having some fun with it :beer: