Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need tripods that hold lasers. Recommendations please

Davidx

I've been using cheap plastic pinch type holders available on cheap tripods from sleaze bay.
I usually then attach them to a camera tripod.
I'm sure theirs a better way, or source for something that will hold my lasers securely with out scratching them up.
What do you guys use?
Thanks

I've been using the SL Clamp & Tripod set but it dosen't look like they are being sold anymore, which is unfortunate. Hopefully they are just out of stock and will start re-selling soon!

-Alex

Davidx

Hi Alan
Our setups look exactly the same. I checked Survival Lasers and you are right, he's out. Those plastic pinch holders seem to be the answer for now. Saw one on sleaze bay saying it was a WL product. Metal, with too many screw down adjustments. Ugly too.

Working on posting photos. Wanted you to see my 63 year old face in the same googles. LOL
Thank you. +rep

This is helpful, I need a tripod myself :)

Edit: alex stop changing your dang name...seriously...

Last edited:
What the heck is LeHap?

Kinda of a long story. When I was a kid my father took me to a zoo to see penguins and when we heard the sound they made, it resembled a "hap" to us. Every since he's called me "LeHap" which is French for "TheHap" lol.

A little cheesy but I think it's funny ;)

-Alex

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Davidx, check this thread out for a variety of good tri-pod/clamp options. :)

Here is another thread showing the "Pedco Ultra Pod ll" tri-pod, this is a great tri-pod, and one of my favorites.

Last edited:
I've been using cheap plastic pinch type holders available on cheap tripods from sleaze bay.
I usually then attach them to a camera tripod.
I'm sure theirs a better way, or source for something that will hold my lasers securely with out scratching them up.
What do you guys use?
Thanks

I use this:

American Educational Cast Iron Support Ring Stand with Acid Resistant Finish, 8" Length x 5" Width Base Size: Science Lab Support Rings: Amazon.com: Industrial & Scientific

with a few of these:

http://www.amazon.com/Long-Single-Burette-Clamp-Coated/dp/B00DFHZCZI

-Bob