Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need some answers (first post!! :))

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol..ok i have 1 more question, where would i get a cheap laser power meter because when i get my laser from o-like i would like to see if it is correct and for future lasers i buy.

Sometimes there is a used LaserBee LPM up for sale
on the Forum or you can check on eBay...

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

The 2nd one is only the meter...
The Sensor Head will cost you another $150-$200
and a professional NIST traceable calibration would
probably cost another $300-$600.

Jerry

alright thanks Jerry for everything, if i have any other questions i will post.

Very much appreciated. Hopefully will get my laser soon.. i ordered it 10/15/12 and need it before 10/25/12..because on this up coming Thursday i am leaving for camping and really wanted it for the reason of camping. I go every year.

IsaacT

It PROBABLY won't arrive within 10 days...they usually take 3 weeks or so if I remember right.

Things

10 days from China to Australia is even pushing it, China to the US is usually a good 5 or so days longer than to Australia, so don't hold your hopes up.

MAN DO RESEARCH. this whole thread is on you asking to be SPOON FED answers like a child. Even after you were ASKED 4 times to do some research, you still persisted and even ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTIONS. Negative rep earned.
GOOGLE THE FORUM NEXT QUESTION....

MAN DO RESEARCH. this whole thread is on you asking to be SPOON FED answers like a child. Even after you were ASKED 4 times to do some research, you still persisted and even ANSWERED YOUR OWN QUESTIONS. Negative rep earned.
GOOGLE THE FORUM NEXT QUESTION....

Wasn't that kind of the entire point here?

Besides, you people spend more time typing "Do your own researches" than you would actually spend typing out the answer to his question.

It doesn't really look all that nice, dudes. If you don't wanna answer the question, hit your Mouse thumb button, keyboard's Backspace, or whatevery our favorite method of going to previous page in your browser already is, and go on with your lives.

You complain about the number of times the guy asked the question, but how many answers have you provided?

DrSid

One thing....if it is 100mW, you will probably not be able to light the typical red headed matches. Black headed matches, or red ones that you sharpie black, should be no problem, but 650nm lasers don't seem to burn as well at lower powers as 405nm lasers due to the difference in photon energy.

Hope that makes sense, I am currently suffering from late-onset food coma so my thoughts are somewhat muddied. :/
-Isaac

Please, 100mW is 100mW, photon energy has nothing to do with it. Stop with this nonsense. It is true that 405nm burns better most materials, but that's just because 405nm is better absorbed by most materials .. but not all !

Thank you Eudaimonium Someone on this site has some common logic, rest of these guys culda just answered my question then rather b an idiot and saying there not gonna spoon feed me.

Thank you Eudaimonium Someone on this site has some common logic, rest of these guys culda just answered my question then rather b an idiot and saying there not gonna spoon feed me.

I feel for you. The term "spoonfed" seems to be the in thing on this forum.

I have joined many forums to get help in areas that I am not familar with. Usually people on the forums are VERY helpful and give great advice. However, I have found this one to be very un-friendly.

I am not educated in lasers, LEDs, diodes or whatever. I came here for help. The first thing that happens is I get made fun of with slap happy smilies. And then I am told I will not be "spoonfed" information.

I DID research older posts and found one that was close to what I was looking for, however, it seems that the folks who nicely responded on that thread are no longer posting here. :(

For future reference,

ANY AND ALL questions you have, shoot me a Personal Message:
Click my name on the side, and select "Send a Personal Message", and ask away.

I'll happily answer any questions you might have :)

Status
Not open for further replies.