Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need of EXPERT machinist.

I need some one who can do M11x0.5 threading. With CNC experience is the best. I already ask a lot of people. They don't have the equipment or ability to do this. Hopefully some one on the forum is been able to do this threading.

If your looking for production work try emachineshop
Or if you are just looking for help try CNCzone

If your looking for production work try emachineshop
Or if you are just looking for help try CNCzone

Plus 1 for a couple of incredible sites.

wee, are you threading a heatsink for an Axiz head? You can buy a tap to do this. Check eBay user merlintools. Just search m11 x .5. I have bought tooling there before without problems.

Just be sure you are holding the tap straight and have about .035 chamfer on the hole and it will be pretty easy.

Hope I'm helping a little.

Clayton

This is no the Aixiz lens thread. The lens thread is M9x0.5. I am threading a heat sink for a host which has M11x0.5 threads on the top. M11x0.5 is the same thread with the bottom Aixiz thread.

i can tap anything you want but dont have that tap.

if you have the tap you can send it to me and i can tap it

Send me a PM with what you want done if you have a drawing or contact me on skype.
I have a full set of metric and English taps/die's as well as a very nice lathe that can do any thread i need it to.
So make a sketch or something and you might be able to get more help.
I also live in the USA in MI so shipping time would be faster.

You are right that the lens is a 9mm thread. But the head of a Axiz module, where the diode is pressed in has a 11mm thread. But that's not the point anyway. You need to thread the OD of the back of your heatsink is what I am understanding now. Do you have access to a cnc shop? If not then your best bet is finding someone at CNCZone that will do it for you.

If you have a good drawing of what you need I might be able to work it into my break periods at work and fix you up that way. I am frequently pressed for time due to the work loads on the machines so it may take a couple weeks to get it in. PM me for an email if you want to send me a drawing and try that route.

Clayton