Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

**need help finding laser under $300***

Im new to this hobbie and want to buy something to have fun with. Powerful and will last. Plz feel free to leave a comment on what YOU would get, i would really appreciate it :yh:

You should introduce yourself in the Welcome section of the Forum to get more people to help you :beer:

If you've never owned a laser before... don't get one over 5mW, and don't bother getting anything from eBay or Amazon.

The dangers of lasers cannot be overstated, any laser over 5mW will do instant and permanent damage to your eyes if you look into the beam...

If you do decide to start with a laser over 5mW, don't forget safety goggles

Use the search function of the Forum to get piles and piles of information on your subject

Last edited:
That last post right there is perfect. Just listen to hwang. He just gave you a jump start on how to learn from this site.

IsaacT

Do not make duplicate threads, it is very bad form. Remember that people here have a life and it takes a bit to get a response sometimes.

take at least $50 of that $300 and buy a pair of eagle pair safety glasses from survival laser (other glasses can be found in the yellow link in my signature along with builders who make custom lasers) then the remaining $250 is enough for a good laser :D

take at least $50 of that $300 and buy a pair of eagle pair safety glasses from survival laser (other glasses can be found in the yellow link in my signature along with builders who make custom lasers) then the remaining $250 is enough for a good laser :D

I 110% agree with this. You can even build a nice one for less, and goggles save your eyes and actually allow you to have more fun burning since you can see what's getting toasted.

IsaacT

You know. I have been putting off safety glasses for red lasers for THREE YEARS now. But it is a one time purchase, and then I am good to go. I think...it is time.

I built a 650nm laser but dont have glasses for it so i have never used it indoors. once my LPM arrives im going to meter it and sell it so i can buy glasses and then build a new one :D

IsaacT

Well, I just sold a red laser and then turned right around and bought some safety glasses. It feels good knowing that is out of the way finally.

Nice, was that the shiny pen one with the amazing divergence? and what goggles?

IsaacT

No, it was a C6 638 I built for a member who requested it. And I bought Eagle Pair(the blue tinted ones)

Gotcha, I should probably get those. I had ordered the t-Rex pair before reading up on them (big mistake):D but they are better than nothing