Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a new colored Laser

Hi. I'm just interested in low-powered lasers, because I want to be able to just point it around the house, at the sky, without being worried about needing goggles just to look at the beam or the dot. I have a 5mw red, 5mw green, and 5mw violet laser, and they are all most likely actually about 15mw. I'm looking to get a new color, maybe blue or yellow? But does blue look much different then violet? If it doesn't really then I don't really want a blue. I just want a new color. Are there more colors than this:
Red
Green
Violet (blu ray)
Yellow
Blue

Are there more colors than that? That is all i really know of, but if there is a different color like orange or what not that is fine to.
I don't need it to be really high quality, just somthing to play around with, My greenie and violet i bought from amazon for less than 10$. I don't really want to spend much more than 20$, hopefully even less, but i don't know if these colored lasers are more expensive or not. I don't want it to be high powered, i want to be able to use it without goggles. I am in the US, and I want to order it from a trusted website that doesn't take a month to ship, and preferably accepts visa
thanks

Iman = winning :) so if you want yellow, get some dichroic reflectors and make yourself a nice easy cheap set up with the lasers you already have.

You can mess with combining laser beams, but you're not getting a pre-made yellow for that cheap. Good luck getting a blue either.

He's right. If you can manage a bigger budget you'd be able to get a much wider selection. LG is still the best place to order from IMO, however you can pick up a nice light blue (473nm) >80mW laser from lasever.com.

Edit: you forgot orange and cyan, orange you'd need either luck or $2000 to get one... unless you find a dye laser. For cyan, get one from dave (Daguin). there's also yellowish green HeNe's (543.5nm) that dave is selling too.

Last edited:
for cheap <$75 you can have these wl's:
and ir too i guess. with the 543 you need some luck

I'll add some info to that last one: for a 473 you buy off fleabay for <$75 it will be lab style (one you plug into a wall) and it will probably require some extra work. (focusing, lens cleaning, optical realignment, etc) as for the 543 it shouldn't need extra work, but it also is one you will need to plug into a wall and have a power supply unit (PSU)

Any wavelengths other than the ones cheech posted are probably scams, unless they're the green diodes that are supposed to come out soon...