Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Need a 2 AA Battery Host

Get a 2*AA flashlight at DX and have someone machine a heatsink for you.
For green modules I can't recall any cheap hosts for 2*AA... :beer:

by the way, a single 18650 should run fine.. :thinking:

Last edited:
The driver should provide regulation. Anyways, you can test if it draws more current when it arrives, and lower the current @ 4.2V to the same current @ 3V

For less hassle I'd stick with danefex's Minisabre. I've only heard great things about that host, and makes me want one for myself... :beer:

If you are new to building lasers I recommend using these modules.

https://www.fasttech.com/products/1057303

They are only $5 and the ones I got this week measured anywhere from 70mw - 115mw after slight adjustments. Even if you don't play with the pot They still have good output. IMO from talking to companies that sell the green modules, the ones over 150mw are tend to have more infrared.

Another thing is that DX has really gone down in their performance (shipping times, quality). Fasttech I have had nothing but great service with and shipment times are fairly quick.

One last thing is I don't know if it really even puts out 200mw. It might only be 150mw green 50mw IR. I could be wrong about this so someone correct me if I am.

Either one you choose you will enjoy I am just trying to possibly save you a little money :beer:

i would also stay clear of the 200mw DX module, theres a 95% chance that it wont output 200mw and if it does a lot will be IR, ^^ fasttech is better than DX, you'll save a lot of money as well :)

if you still want a AA host, danefex's minisabre V2 is an awesome host :beer: