Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Buy Site Supporter Role (remove some ads) | LPF Donations

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery | Browser Hide by Avery

NDG7H75

I have re-capped NUGM06 diodes available. They are the next best thing to these.
I’ve gotten 2 recapped NUGMO6 diodes, again 1 was awesome and put out 2.2-2.3W with a G2 lens.. the other one, using the same driver,/lens wouldn’t get past 1.6W..

I’ve gotten 2 recapped NUGMO6 diodes, again 1 was awesome and put out 2.2-2.3W with a G2 lens.. the other one, using the same driver,/lens wouldn’t get past 1.6W..
Did you get them from me or from China? I recap my own that were removed by me from a NUGM06 block. If you got them from China then who knows what they actually sent you.

Ah well the one I bought will still be good I think. Bad divergence but bright as heck. Maybe I can eventually make a host for it to accommodate corrective optics. I'll look into 26650 hosts

That would be something if OpticsLD literally is doctrinizing/rigging datasheets for sale purposes.

Curious about where that "Typ 2.0" comes from on OpticsLD listed eBay-datasheet, that also tempted OP.

If you look at the datasheet source-code (highlighted in RED, upright) as far as I can tell it does not match with the H-diode at all, but instead clocks in as the datasheet from the D-variant, which again doesn't have "Typ 2.0W" but the standard Typ 1.5W.?

Attachments

• OpticsLD datasheet eBay NDG7H75  (1).jpg
    OpticsLD datasheet eBay NDG7H75 (1).jpg
    445.9 KB · Views: 10
  • NDG7D75.jpg
    NDG7D75.jpg
    296.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
Hello guys,

Today, I disassembled the Eos Fusor from JLaser to find out which diode is used, and it seems like it's the NDG7H75.

My research led me back to your discussion, so that’s perfect 😀

Out of curiosity, do you know why there seem to be two different references? Where does the NUGM06 come from? I don’t see this reference liste on the Nichia website

I tried emailing Jim to confirm the reference, but since he's quite busy with his child, the reply might take some time.

Apparently, if he sold me the Eos Fusor, he must have these diodes, but unfortunately, they aren't listed for sale, so he probably has a very limited stock.

From my last conversation with him, he confirmed that the diode is 1.6W and that its 2-Element lens should boost the power to 2W but I completely forgot to ask him the diode reference

But I’m a bit skeptical about this +400mW increase of the 2-E lens claim because my LPM, calibrated with a 3% margin of error, measured 1.6W, However, I need to run some additional tests since I might not have properly calibrated the lens step I did that quickly

I was looking for the technical specifications to experiment with a modification. For those curious, here's a snapshot of the inside of this laser beast, a real powerhouse! 😀

Attachments

• Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    215.6 KB · Views: 6
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    172.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    336.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    327.5 KB · Views: 5
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    364.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    220.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    248.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Image.jpeg
    Image.jpeg
    224 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Yeah, it's not a NDGxxxx diode because there is no can on it. It's definitely a NUGMxx diode. Could be a NUBM02, 03, 04 or 06 but definitely not a NDG7H75. Running de-canned diodes is a good way to ensure a short diode lifespan.

But where are the specifications of NUGMxx diodes ? Aren’t they made by Nichia ?

But indeed, today I realized that he uses diodes from their removed lenses, so I was wondering if he does the lens removal himself from official diodes

Last edited:
But where are the specifications of NUGMxx diodes ? Aren’t they made by Nichia ?

But indeed, today I realized that he uses diodes from their removed lenses, so I was wondering if he does the lens removal himself from official diodes
These type of laser diodes are harvested from blocks of diodes. Although they are likely made by Nichia, Nichia does not acknowledge their existence because they were never intended for sale to the general public.

Ah, I see. Thank you for the clarification 🙏

I asked ChatGPT first, and it suggested the NUGM04, but it should be either that or the one you're discussing here, NUGM06, since the 04 seems slightly less powerful on AliExpress listings.

So, I'll assume they have the same specifications. If he says it's a 1.6W, I'll trust that.

I'll keep you updated if I get his response. In any case, this laser is seriously powerful 😮

Edit:
I think I have found the proper specifications at beamq

Attachments

• IMG_0954.jpeg
    IMG_0954.jpeg
    812.3 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Just remembered I have one of these lol. They were $260 earlier this year, assuming it's the same diode.

Now that they are much cheaper I may get another for max beans

The next big green is in the automotive section i had mentioned it in discord just didn't make a post in LPF.

NDG7N75
Green
518nm min
525nm avg
532nm max
1750mW
2000mA
4.4V
TO-CAN Ø9.0mm
Multi-mode LD

Hello guys,

Today, I disassembled the Eos Fusor from JLaser to find out which diode is used, and it seems like it's the NDG7H75.

My research led me back to your discussion, so that’s perfect 😀

Out of curiosity, do you know why there seem to be two different references? Where does the NUGM06 come from? I don’t see this reference liste on the Nichia website

I tried emailing Jim to confirm the reference, but since he's quite busy with his child, the reply might take some time.

Apparently, if he sold me the Eos Fusor, he must have these diodes, but unfortunately, they aren't listed for sale, so he probably has a very limited stock.

From my last conversation with him, he confirmed that the diode is 1.6W and that its 2-Element lens should boost the power to 2W but I completely forgot to ask him the diode reference

But I’m a bit skeptical about this +400mW increase of the 2-E lens claim because my LPM, calibrated with a 3% margin of error, measured 1.6W, However, I need to run some additional tests since I might not have properly calibrated the lens step I did that quickly

I was looking for the technical specifications to experiment with a modification. For those curious, here's a snapshot of the inside of this laser beast, a real powerhouse! 😀
It is a nugm06 😉

The next big green is in the automotive section i had mentioned it in discord just didn't make a post in LPF.

NDG7N75

I'm looking forward to comparing Nichia's datasheet of this diode to their 7H75 and 7D75 variants.

7H75 1.25W @ 532nm
7D75 1.5W @ 525nm

Both at 1.9A, max 2.3A

That would be something if OpticsLD literally is doctrinizing/rigging datasheets for sale purposes.

Curious about where that "Typ 2.0" comes from on OpticsLD listed eBay-datasheet, that also tempted OP.

If you look at the datasheet source-code (highlighted in RED, upright) as far as I can tell it does not match with the H-diode at all, but instead clocks in as the datasheet from the D-variant, which again doesn't have "Typ 2.0W" but the standard Typ 1.5W.?
I wouldn't say he is messing with nichia pdf files something to know these pdf files are subjective to change at any time directly from nichia without previous notice...

Although he did use the D variant representing the H variant which is wrong imo.

Back