Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NDG7475 Crushed

Philipnzw

@Gianakakis

I'm not sure. it turns on with some light output but i cant focus it with a lens. so im assuming its dead.

@Philipnzw

wow thank you for the detail and all the info. you really broke things down for me and i appreciate that. i will attempt to decan the NDG7475 just for fun. but as far as my next diode im unsure.. i know ill be buying a push tool either way. i have the super x driver @2.2 amps and im not sure how to change that if i changed diodes, short of buying another driver completely. as far as my lens comments go its because i have zero diodes right now and 5 different lens.

There are a few threads here on setting driver current. I use two torchlight LEDs in series to act as a 5V load. Just measure the current using a multimeter in series with the test load. Then turn the pot until the current reaches your desired level.
For storing extra lenses, I just throw them into a zip lock bag. If they get dirty you can clean them with a small amount of 99% isopropyl alcohol and wipe them with a microfiber cloth wrapped around a toothpick.

Many diodes can be decanned while still mounted in the module. Just use a small screwdriver and pry it off against the inside of the module. I have never tried this with your particular diode, though.

gazer101

Yeah the NDG-series cans are on there quite sturdily. NUG-series not so much.
True story; my NUGM03 actually auto decanned itself when I was gently hammering it into the module... it was barely held on by a couple of tiny pins that must've snapped due to the vibrations