Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

NDB7242E 445nm diodes.

• Thread starter Deleted member 16589
  • Start date
Hmm if you could get pman to make agood solid penhost build, i would like one. Can theses be drivern to 100 mw with fallback protection?

just got my its nice color 423nm do you have more left i will build pen size lasers :)

D

Deleted member 16589

Sorry last 2 are sold let me see if i can source a few more My original supplier (who is no secret) is tapped out but I Think I know a source for another tray.

How many people are interested.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pman

I might be again.
I haven't posted my builds with these as I've only done 1 so far because I am waiting on a couple things to do another but for my friend lazerman I wI'll tell you what I did. I built one into a leadlight pen (laser66) using a lazeerer mini x-boost set to about 230mA after doing a quick diode test.
It was mentioned that someone gave it 300mA and it survived and they sounded reputable so I took a chance. I did not do a thorough test plotting the curve like I do sometimes but it did appear to be able to handle the current I wanted to reach 200mW which I succeeded in doing (204mW with an authentic G lens). If someone wants a plot I'll do it but I would like a few to chip in to pay for the diode in case it blows. I don't deliberately kill diodes regardless of cost.
The beam has a violet tint to it and look really violet in comparison to a regular 445/450 side by side. What everyone says about the beam divergence and spot is true. It's fantastic and you would never guess that it is a multimode. That's why I had to have one to go with my other single mode leadlights. Now that I have one I need another. Hopefully he can get more because honestly I think it's a must own for wavelength collectors or fans of single modes.
Keep in mind that that diode is rated for 50mW max and being able to put out 4 or more times that amount is pretty amazing. These should have sold more but I believe most people got stuck on high outputs and some couldn't get past that it is a MTM (multi-mode).
I did take a few beam shots but haven't taken any side by side shots which lazerman would like me too which is an excellent idea with this diode. I really can't do it at the moment because my mother and father in law just arrived for a visit but maybe after they are gone I'll take the pics and post the actual build in the blue 445nm section as that would be the most appropriate place for what I do.
How many come in a tray?

Don't think that because I pushed mine to 200mW that means that I'm recommending anyone else do that. I don't know of anyone who has set theirs higher than double digits.

Last edited:

Pman

Sent a PM;)
I plan on ta king some pics at different outputs to see what's going on with them and also an output plot to where it starts dropping off but I'm not going to push it to see if it folds back or blows. More interested in seeing if it's just luck of the draw on the wavelength or the wavelength is mainly about output. As I said, I'm not interested in purposely blowing a diode on my dime. I don't have enough dimes left.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16589

Ready to send the $ when you are ready to sell me another one;)
See my testing here in about a 1/2 hour:
http://laserpointerforums.com/f65/ndb7242e-diode-build-96670.html#post1408362

Is this in adition to the 2 I sold you Just checking I was not paying attention to this thread and ive lost track of dates.

OK guys So to be fair I'm gonna list all the people that Pinged me wanting a diode since there's only 6 each person gets 1

Chrisbee
Pman
Alien laser
Ricker
Untimatekaiser

D

Deleted member 16589

Yes I'll take another one when you get it;)

Should be getting them in this week or early next week. Price will be $30 each
I have to raise the price a bit i got burned on shipped last 2 diodes. Eek

also red diodes are a bust there 660nm not 638.