Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Natures Wave Lengths Do You Have Any?

Red Cowboy,
That's an amazing shot. What did you use to get such a tight beam of sunlight like that? I'd be interested to see how many mW's that beam measures. Natures RGB combined white laser. Probably the coolest pic I have seen on here lately. Rep for you when I can.

Last edited:

Red Cowboy,
That's an amazing shot. What did you use to get such a tight beam of sunlight like that? I'd be interested to see how many mW's that beam measures. Natures RGB combined white laser. Probably the coolest pic I have seen on here lately. Rep for you when I can.

This pic was @ 1139 am early July 2012 and I had the window cracked open it's facing EAST, I think the sun was overhead and mostly blocked by the roof eave so only that sliver could get in, earlier that same morning @ 952 AM the same EAST facing window cracked open the same let in a full length slice because of the suns angle.

1139AM
0703121139a_zpsxq7gzui1.jpg

1138AM
0703121138_zpshflhybt4.jpg

952AM
0703120952_zpsczqecsdl.jpg

I ran the beam through a prism and cast the spectrum onto white paper, but I can't find the pic
I am usually burning something in this old play room so there was likely some light smoke in the air.

Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

GSS

Wow RedCowBoy, what a once and a "Lifetime" lol set of pics. Everyone,s pictures are awesome:beer: Who has some rainbow pics?

Gabe

Only have one, always found it difficult to photograph them

GSS

There we go! Is it really hard to capture a rainbow on camera? Nice you just about captured it all.:):)

Many of us live in different parts of the country and the world.So the WL's are unique to those regions from atmospheric conditions.

"I live in a different area, so hydrogen in my area is different than yours."

See if you can spot the errors in reasoning.

Gabe

I think he meant something along the lines of some colours are more commonly occurring in different places than others, like how oranges and yellows are more prominent in deserts than in the arctic.

Hi Gabe,
I would think atmospheric pressures and gases at different altitudes would have an effect on the WL's we are seeing. correct me if you think i'm wrong would like to here your opinion..

Rich:0

diachi

I think he meant something along the lines of some colours are more commonly occurring in different places than others, like how oranges and yellows are more prominent in deserts than in the arctic.

Speak for yourself! :D

Just outside my apartment in Yellowknife

hXWuyaF.jpg

Flying over Great Slave Lake, shortly before landing.

d24yB98.jpg

Rainbow at 11PM, my phone didn't do a very good job of this picture...

NfbXV9h.jpg

Sunset over the MacKenzie River

NKVhnyG.jpg

Last edited:

Gabe

Hi Gabe,
I would think atmospheric pressures and gases at different altitudes would have an effect on the WL's we are seeing. correct me if you think i'm wrong would like to here your opinion..

Eh, I disagree. Wavelengths are the same everywhere, just some places may have a large amount of things of a certain wavelength/colour. For example, a photo taken in a rainforest will likely have lots of green in it, so the main 'theme' or associated wavelengths would be green ones, ~505-560 ish. We see the same wavelengths everywhere, just some places have more of one than the other so it seems more prominent. Tough to explain, this.
EDIT: nice photos daichi!
WOW DOUBLE EDIT:

Last edited:

diachi

Thanks Gabe! Hopefully I'll get a proper camera soon and I'll be able to take some even better shots. That said, the S4 does a damn good job most of the time, really the pictures turned out good because of that and some decent timing more so than my skills! :D

Edit: +rep for you too Gabe! Those are cool looking clouds ;)

Last edited:

Hi Gabe,

I think it's due to varying amount of pollution in the air, although in desert areas wind storms can creat dust in the air that can travel long distances. The presence of clouds or not could have some effect too.

Alan

I think it's due to varying amount of pollution in the air, although in desert areas wind storms can creat dust in the air that can travel long distances. The presence of clouds or not could have some effect too.

Alan

Yes, and volcanic eruptions and the proliferation of the ash has an effect too.

Hi Gabe,
Nice i was wondering if anyone had a pic of the rain bows color spectrum and you came thru. Now that's a awesome shot .Well done buddy .And the cloud accumulations are epic my man. i agree about it being the same everywhere the only thing that would change it is a strong disturbance of so sort..

@ dacha,
Wow great photos what clarity You guys are really putting out some awesome shots impressive i say..

@ crazy,
yes dust will no doubt effect the colors in the atmosphere they can travel up high enough to change the WL's

@ lux ,
volcanic residues shoot up miles high definitely will affect the current spectrum.
Rich:)

Last edited:

Gabe

I wish I had just taken that photo... As of now we have our very late first blanket of snow settling in... Only colours around here will be white for the next few days!
Not too pleased.