Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Nature Shots

Thanks everyone. Yea I cannot figure out how to add the extension on a mobile... I am on android... S6. I cannot see my pics on my mobile oddly. I cannot decide who to go for image sharing wise. I liked Photobucket for the ease of use with the embed code. Simple stuff. I would like to go to another site though as it's incredibly slow and advert spammed. What are you guys using? Flickr doesn't have an embed code function like Photobucket :undecided:

Nutball, thank you. Those are stills taken on a 6 megapixel Casio haha, they came out surprisingly well as I was using a Raynox macro lens clamped onto the existing Casio lens. I do have footage though. I plan to experiment using the Nikon D90 during the summer this year as hopefully there will be more detail in my images.

Wow, my 6MP camera is terrible at the macro pics I've been taking, but pretty good at normal nature pics although I can't remember if I found out it was set to 2MP before or after trying macro with it.

I've moved to Imgur now so hopefully everyone can see these displaying correctly and I can participate more readily! :D

Rm8FA58.jpg

hDmIUcD.jpg

:beer:

More moss
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

It's hard to find stuff small enough to get a good picture of, so I often just find moss. I don't like my new camera with manual settings and extra zoom as much because the extra zoom means the lens is bigger and needs more zoom to see through the macro lens. And its twice as heavy and thick, still being a pocket camera. So, I'm sticking with the same camera for now, now that I took it apart and cleaned the sensor. I'm keeping an eye out for a good deal on a 50mm f1.2 which looks like it could be a huge improvement over my f1.7

Attachments

• DSC03337 (797x598).jpg
    DSC03337 (797x598).jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03346 (797x598).jpg
    DSC03346 (797x598).jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC03348 (797x599).jpg
    DSC03348 (797x599).jpg
    229.8 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC03356 (797x598).jpg
    DSC03356 (797x598).jpg
    208.1 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03364 (797x597).jpg
    DSC03364 (797x597).jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC03372 (797x597).jpg
    DSC03372 (797x597).jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC03383 (797x598).jpg
    DSC03383 (797x598).jpg
    169.3 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC03392 (797x598).jpg
    DSC03392 (797x598).jpg
    215.9 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Maybe you could try photographing some small insects. That would be different. I guess the trick is to get them to keep still long enough to get some good shots.

Yea, I've been trying that. It's a refreshing change, although seeing the different kinds of moss up close is a bit interesting too. It is so much easier to miss the insects that are small enough because I either don't see them, or they are too sensitive to motion or bright light.

I have a few I took on Sunday I need to sort out and edit.

Ok, this one's weird. So this ant is stuck floating in the middle of the rim of an upside down flower pot with one leg in the water and the other standing on a bunch of dead mites. Surface tension appears to have them all stuck.
The first pic is to show the weird red eyes of the mite thing.
attachment.php

attachment.php

And who knew ants were so hairy?
attachment.php

There, you got your insects, like 9 in one shot.

Attachments

• DSC04319 (797x598).jpg
    DSC04319 (797x598).jpg
    161.4 KB · Views: 57
  • DSC04322 (797x598).jpg
    DSC04322 (797x598).jpg
    186.6 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC04322 (2) (797x596).jpg
    DSC04322 (2) (797x596).jpg
    218.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Looks like some very tiny ticks in photo 2. I didn't know they ever came that small. I hate ticks. Disgusting disease spreading insects. I knew ants had hairy appendages.

WizardG

LPF Site Supporter
I think they're aphids. One adult and a bunch o' nymphs.

I think they're aphids. One adult and a bunch o' nymphs.

True. Ant colonies love to heard aphids and drive them up fruit trees, especially apples, where they corral them. Yummy! :drool: Take Care.

-cd

Reactions: GSS
And who knew ants were so hairy?

Holy nutballs! It's been a while and I'm so glad to see so many good images!

Well done Nutball, macro photography is something I haven't tried but am very intrigued!

Since the start of 2018 I have been studying photography and have loved it! What I find really exciting is going back through all of my old images and revisiting its potential. Often times an image might look ordinary at first glance however with simple tweaks they can become a lot better. Here is where it get's a bit messy in terms of photo manipulation. When does an image that's been edited go from an accurate representation of that moment to an artists impression of that photo?

At any rate I've been revisiting a lot of my old images from NZ and trying to pull out a composition/impression that represents how I wanted to capture it at the time. Even though I'm meant to be a professional photographer, all of these images (unless stated otherwise) are shot on a phone. I guess it shows that you don't need expensive gear to get started! Just get out there :beer:

Seeing as I'm studying photography I would love as much critical feedback and criticism as possible! In a way art can be subjective, however I think we can all learn from each others experience and opinions in order to broaden our perspective.

Hope you enjoy!

Click for High res.

Routeburn Track, NZ (Fuji x100T)

Routeburn track, NZ (LG G4)

This one will always have a special place in my heart. This was taken near lake Rotoiti South Island NZ and it's one of clearest nights I've ever witnessed.
I'm also proud of the fact that I was able to capture a moment like this on a phone (obviously with heavy post processing)

Lake Rotoiti (LG G6, f/1.8, 30s, ISO 5200)

If the images are blurry I'm not sure why... Hopefully the links to the full res images work!

Last edited:
Holy nutballs! It's been a while and I'm so glad to see so many good images!

Well done Nutball, macro photography is something I haven't tried but am very intrigued!

Since the start of 2018 I have been studying photography and have loved it! What I find really exciting is going back through all of your old images and revisiting its potential. Often times an image might look ordinary at first glance however with simple tweaks they can become a lot better. Here is where it get's a bit messy in terms of photo manipulation. Where does an image that's been edited turn into an accurate representation of that moment as opposed to an artists impression of that photo?

At any rate I've been revisiting a lot of my old images from NZ and trying to pull out a composition/impression that represents how I wanted to capture it at the time. Even though I'm meant to be a professional photographer, all of these images (unless stated otherwise) are shot on a phone. I guess it shows that you don't need expensive gear to get started! Just get out there :beer:

Seeing as I'm studying photography I would love as much critical feedback and criticism as possible! In a way art can be subjective, however I think we can all learn from each others experience and opinions in order to broaden our perspective.

Hope you enjoy!

This one will always have a special place in my heart. This was taken near lake Rotoiti South Island NZ and it's one of clearest nights I've ever witnessed.
I'm also proud of the fact that I was able to capture a moment like this on a phone (obviously with heavy post processing)

Lake Rotoiti (LG G6, f/1.8, 30s, ISO 5200)

Oh man that's a nice shot ^---^ :wave:

Hey, Will. Nice to see you again. You post far too infrequently. Glad to hear you are now into photography. I'm still into lasers and getting, measuring, and defining new laser diode wavelengths.