Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

N450 Build, second times a charm.

BobMc

After my first crash and burn on making a N450 build. Waited for the wounds to heal, and had to take another crack at it. Well this time I got Photons, and lots of them. I'm using a3 element lens and the dot is surprisingly small. Think this diode is a winner!

There were a couple of thing new to this build in comparison to my previous lux-pro builds. I used a bb6 on this one which not qiute as tall as the sxd drivers. Which meant I could reuse the O-nut that held the contact board in. Made it a little cleaner of a build. Also had to use some double-sided Thermal Conductive tape to hold the driver in. I also used the tape as a padding/buffer between the bottom of the contact board and the top of the driver just to make sure nothing was going to touch something it shouldn't. To be on the safe side I tested the driver twice during this build. Once after I finished the pill and just before I soldered the diode on. Didn't want to take any chances. Over 4.7 watts at 4.0 amps not to shabby at all. Hopefully the pictures are pretty much in order so you get an idea of the step by step. Without further ado it's picture time! :)

1siuumE.jpg

XfOyI7w.jpg

WjxoyoO.jpg

3YLkJjt.jpg

hKHc420.jpg

FEvKIl9.jpg

b0rWvsy.jpg

m1rIijo.jpg

X0xBvy3.jpg

fpdcq1u.jpg

OOSVjWu.jpg

0CPasnm.jpg

98wvYk7.jpg

jfB8b6W.jpg

HtICipO.jpg

33hOwHS.jpg

Z7nwwH3.jpg

ecHJNJE.jpg

fa90LtQ.jpg

IfCJrW0.jpg

dGDPgd5.jpg

dF77Ws0.jpg

RErVcvS.jpg

Iy0cDy4.jpg

EEruWF3.jpg

ZxvqqpS.jpg

VfOHGcF.jpg

OZaDD8m.jpg

agxV79S.jpg

BWZpoZB.jpg

xjGvbZM.jpg

iwpDevt.jpg

IQtVZfo.jpg

ALRZedY.jpg

jlW3Edn.jpg

dGGlCtV.jpg

AjQ8WOV.jpg

Fc8mTVG.jpg

NdvDJ0k.jpg

4iPfSE1.jpg

Fc8mTVG.jpg

C5jvWVR.jpg

BB1CaRB.jpg

B57LMv0.jpg

jJaKImK.jpg

Ps; I updated the pictures, their a weeee bit clearer. :)

Last edited:

Re: Second times a charm. N450 build.

Hi BM,
Glad this time it all panned out for you. looking good buddy nice pics to very clear. Enjoy great job +REP

Rich:)

BobMc

Re: Second times a charm. N450 build.

Hi BM,
Glad this time it all panned out for you. looking good buddy nice pics to very clear. Enjoy great job +REP

Rich:)

Thanks Rich, Love the fan set up you made for me! :drool:

BobMc

Well just re-posted the pics for the third time. Add some new ones. Used Imgur this time, it does seem to be quicker and easier. Hoping they stay up this time. Hope you enjoy the new pics. :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Absolutely stunning :)
I wish I could rep you :(

Thanks so very much Richie. I really like this Lux-Pro builds. There relatively inexpensive. You can get the hosts on eBay for about 20.00 and the sink from Lifetime. All in all they make a pretty nice pocket build. They got some mass in the sink so you can get 30- 45 seconds run time out of a 44. Which really isn't that bad out of a unit you can carry on your pocket. :)

Last edited: