Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

my rayfoss 200mw torch can't burn a match, is that normal?

even focusing it, it can't burn a brown match. is this underpowered?

i added faona on msn, but she doesn't connect, and she doesn't reply my emails anymore

Last edited:

KiLLrB

Did you try to marker it black? Still 200mW focused should start it up fairly quick.

It must be underpowered because my 100mW green can light a match without focusing.

It always depends on the match, but I agree that 200mW focused should light anything. My 125mW only does it when they're sharpied.

my 100mw pd pro can light em unfocused, but it takes a couple seconds. are you using glasses to focus it? does it atleast smoke them?

I fully charged the battery. it's an 18650 3,7V battery.

I marked the match with black and...

it only smokes when focuse it..if i don't mark it with black, it won't even smoke, even focused.

and of course, i am using anti-green glasses

Is you'r laser focusable or are you just using another lens to focus it?

If it's "focusable" and you focus it to the smallest point possible on a match, then you either have wet/old matches or the laser is actually outputting less than 50mw as lighting matches With a focusing lens is fast & easy if a 50mw pointer is used (no need to even blacken the match with a marker).

If it's "focusable" and you focus it to the smallest point possible on a match, then you either have wet/old matches or the laser is actually outputting less than 50mw as lighting matches With a focusing lens is fast & easy if a 50mw pointer is used (no need to even blacken the match with a marker).

thanks.

so, i would better buy a laser from deal extreme instead of rayfoss next time, as i will get the same output power....

send a message to rayfoss and talk to them about a return. theyll send you a new one it probably will be up to spec. rayfoss is known to be much higher quality than DX

AndyR

I would try new matches before blaming the laser for not being able to light it, or something else like a CD case.

Rayfoss will almost always be of higher quality than DX and on the off chance that you don't get what you want, they will always give you a new one.

I would try new matches before blaming the laser for not being able to light it, or something else like a CD case.

Rayfoss will almost always be of higher quality than DX and on the off chance that you don't get what you want, they will always give you a new one.

the matches i tried are not old. i bought new matches at supermarket just for check the laser power. and i tried a cd case. of course, it can't do anything but only smoke it a little at smallest point of focus.

i will send it to them on monday

Yeah, I would do that. The CD case was a good test. My 100mW went right through it in about 30 seconds.