Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new trustfire build

This is a trustfire build using one of Jib's 1.6A drivers.

total cost was <$100 to build. I get the heat sinks pretty cheap from Mohrenberg :D

Last edited:

Pretty slick build man. I couldnt hear what you said that green insulator was under the spring but thats a fantastic idea. I like the way you mounted the driver. Also the machine work to your heatsink looks pretty clean. IMO :gj:

The green thing is just a glow in the dark tail cap from priceangels.com

I trimmed the edges and cut a slit so it slides onto the spring. It was a quick fix as the laser originally wouldn't work because it was shorting out against the heat sink.

I really love that fact there there are no moving parts hanging from wires or anything. Everything is secured in place.

I may not build & sell lasers anymore, but i've still got the skillz :D

Last edited:
I really like how everything is connected to the heat sink and there isn't any chance of anything getting twisted off when you take it apart. Nice idea to use a tail cap like that! :beer:

which is great for me cause i can't leave anything alone...i always take things apart

:O How did you get those batteries so cheap? My walmart doesn't have any rechargeable li-ions :(

:O How did you get those batteries so cheap? My walmart doesn't have any rechargeable li-ions :(

I can't find them in the actual store for sale, but I always run across them in the clearance isle. They were on sale for $9 for a 4 pack, and nobody bought them...they eventually got down to $1 for a 4 pack and i bought them all. 16 batteries total i think.

Really.... That's interesting. I will have to check that out next time I go to a Walmart. Because shouldn't all Walmarts be the same?

LaZeRz

Thats one awesome build, its kinda like a drop in module :D, I really have to get myself a Saik or some other host with a huge heatsink, maybe a Ehgemus :drool:

+1 (have to bla bla reputation bla bla giving bla bla to Mohrenberg again, Bla bla bla bla bla) :p

Last edited:

SOG

Is that a two AA Battery? But that flash light doesn't look like it's long enough for two AA ?