Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new soldering iron

rkcstr

So I got it yesterday :D

The box weighed 14 lbs :eek:

So far it's really cool, I like it a lot. The iron is nice, and I love the vacuum smoke absorber, no more smelling burning flux! The hot air gun is pretty cool, but I obviously need to practice with it a little more practice, as I started melting the board I was trying it out on!

Only complaints (well, only one is really a complaint, the other is an oversight on my part) are that there is no overall power switch, so to turn it off, I have to unplug. The other, which is more so my fault for not reading correctly, is the soldering iron doesn't have a temperature display, you set the temp on the dial and that's it. I'd have to step it up by about $70 to the Aoyue 768 to get full digital temp readouts.

Overall, I'm happy, and I think it'll be a large improvement over the regular irons I've been using.

very nice unit, i was looking at the one on DX, im sure yours is better quality though