Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new 'Plasma' Electric Lighter.

Even though I don't smoke, I loved this lighter when I saw it.
It's the Zeus Electric Lighter and people refer to it as 'The Plasma' lighter.
It's charged via micro USB and produces a clean 'windproof' double spark that can light things.
It sounds like a tiny taser, looks like plasma and it's 'very cool' to use.

Oh, and it's safer than using a 405nm to light a cigar, LOL.

RB

:love:

They have those at my wal-mart in their closeout isle and I almost bought one but figured a cigarette lighter is more useful, also I don't smoke so yea, not much use although I'm sure it's pretty.

Have you played with a ZVS and flyback ? Be careful of course, there's enough current to really hurt you.

I've got a couple of those. I don't smoke either. Interestingly, I also have a whole collection of cigar and cigarette lighters. This gold one that I have is super nice198734C4-FFF5-4922-8E2C-407D1361EFDD.jpeg

And below are some of my butane cigar lighters. Some have little color filaments in them for different color possibilities. One has a laser light switch that sees your thumb and turns on at just a touch. AAD84001-0293-42B4-88EC-934594A1671D.jpeg1440F4C4-56F4-461B-A1A1-0C3DF1851FBA.jpeg2CFF783D-67BF-4BEB-96DB-6C40781C748E.jpegBC2BE54F-3E18-4353-B82B-018FDD0A6845.jpeg545427C7-7D3E-4DB7-88AA-312B7171A36D.jpegAA227CC2-46DF-4537-B520-A931F9A7C1B8.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice looking lighters. I remember buying butane lighters back in the 1960s that had to be charged as there weren't disposable lighters at that time. Some had electric ignition activated by a magnet and coil. These days I just use disposable lighters. None last very long as they get used often. More expensive lighters would likely fail with my amount of use in a couple of years.

GSS

I get a kick out of the Dollar Store lighters where first problem is the thumb wheel is so hard to turn and then when it finally does, the flint spring and wheel fly off anyways:rolleyes:

Hi,
What ever happened to a good old book of matches? My favorite one was when I was a kid the Pep Boys , Manny , Moe and Jack.. You could have some laughs with those .

Rich:)

"It's the Zeus Electric Lighter and people refer to it as 'The Plasma' lighter. " - as if there aren't hundreds of different electric arc lighters on the market. I picked up a triple-arc lighter from china for $6 a year back because why not. Conversation piece on the gadget shelf, if nothing else.

Have you played with a ZVS and flyback ? Be careful of course, there's enough current to really hurt you.

Hey Red !
No, I don't muck around with those things now.
When I was younger, I'd build Jakob's Ladders and build circuits for creating huge sparks etc, but it's been years since I've done any projects like that.
The best lighters I've owned and used are the jet lighters for cigars, I love those too, but this looked so 'Sci-Fi' that I just wanted to have one.

:D

Hi RB
I bought one last year hoping it would work as a stun gun
I don’t know if it would work that way my brothers in law won’t let me try it on him
Brother in laws are so selfish, aren't they Rich?

:ROFLMAO:

I've got a couple of those. I don't smoke either. Interestingly, I also have a whole collection of cigar and cigarette lighters. This gold one that I have is super nice

And below are some of my butane cigar lighters. Some have little color filaments in them for different color possibilities. One has a laser light switch that sees your thumb and turns on at just a touch.
Wow Chris, what an awesome collection!
I used to smoke Cigars years ago, never cigs, and there's a technique to lighting a cigar properly for an even burn and a pleasant smoke believe it or not.
I was taught all about cigars and how to store, light them and smoke them by a cigar aficionado and it's a fascinating subject but I had to look after my health so gave it up.
I still have a humidor full of Cuban Cigars but they're just to look at and admire now.
And of course I love the lighters I've collected over the years.
You're collection looks awesome.
Thanks for posting.

(y)

Nice looking lighters. I remember buying butane lighters back in the 1960s that had to be charged as there weren't disposable lighters at that time. Some had electric ignition activated by a magnet and coil. These days I just use disposable lighters. None last very long as they get used often. More expensive lighters would likely fail with my amount of use in a couple of years.
Those Magnet and coil lighters are classic Paul.
True, today a disposable is more practical but there have been some beautiful lighters of yesteryear that just ooze Class.
I always look out for them in antique stores.

I get a kick out of the Dollar Store lighters where first problem is the thumb wheel is so hard to turn and then when it finally does, the flint spring and wheel fly off anyways:rolleyes:
.... and you walk away with a sore thumb for a week. LOL

(y):LOL:

Hi,
What ever happened to a good old book of matches? My favorite one was when I was a kid the Pep Boys , Manny , Moe and Jack.. You could have some laughs with those .

They don't make matches like they used to Rich.
We used to have a lot of fun with matches too.
hahahaha

"It's the Zeus Electric Lighter and people refer to it as 'The Plasma' lighter. " - as if there aren't hundreds of different electric arc lighters on the market. I picked up a triple-arc lighter from china for $6 a year back because why not. Conversation piece on the gadget shelf, if nothing else.

Yeah I understand what you're saying Cyp, and it's true.
But I must admit I hadn't come across these until I saw them on ebay.
I then forgot about them until I saw one in a shop recently and well, you know, couldn't resist.

:whistle:

clay77

Yes for some people it is Plasma lighter and i have to tell them the differences specially for what they see on ebay

Ran across these a few years ago, only problem with most of these is the rechargeable battery, IMO

I finally found a plasma lighter that uses a removable standard replaceable 14500. It has a double arc, very nice and now it can last forever as I can just swap in another battery Can't find a name, just says "Lighter USB" on it

Most could do that same thing but it would mean taking it apart to solder in a new one. Plus with this, I can carry a spare battery with it.

Also, I don't smoke either :), but I have lighters and a bunch of vaping mods with laser attachments from Jordan, back in the day.