Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My new 445 - Aurora C6 Host!

My new 1.62A 445nm - Aurora C6 host!

Last week I ordered a M140 445nm LD in an Aixiz module housing with a 405 g-2 lens from DTR, then ordered one of Mohrenberg's awesome Aurora C6 "just add diode" kits, and finally two AW IMR 16340's! Last night I received everything I ordered and with some help of a few members its done! This is truly a great laser!

Jollyrajer73, I just got all my stuff together, and now in the process of putting the laser together. Did you just solder the red led from diode to the blue led on Moh's host, and the black from diode to the green to Moh's host? What did you do with the white led from the diode ? Did you trim any of the wires? Now that you got it together would you have done anything different? Thanks, John

My new 1.62A 445nm - Aurora C6 host!

Last week I ordered a M140 445nm LD in an Aixiz module housing with a 405 g-2 lens from DTR, then ordered one of Mohrenberg's awesome Aurora C6 "just add diode" kits, and finally two AW IMR 16340's! Last night I received everything I ordered and with some help of a few members its done! This is truly a great laser!

Jollyrajer73, I just got all my stuff together, and now in the process of putting the laser together. Did you just solder the red led from diode to the blue led on Moh's host, and the black from diode to the green to Moh's host? What did you do with the white led from the diode ? Did you trim any of the wires? Now that you got it together would you have done anything different? Thanks, John

You'll probably want to trim them a bit.

You've got the colors matched correctly though.

on my kits, Green is always negative.

some how I tend to think you did all the work... I mean two wires! That was a lot of work!:tired:

Just bought this host could someone PM me because I have a 1.5-2W blue laser diode with a 1.8A driver, what battery will make sure I get the most out of this bad boy?

nuke, were you talking about buying the juice battery with charger?
The juice batteries aren't able to power these at 1.8A

i say this because when i test a 1.8,1.62, ect driver on a test load with 2x juice batteries, it will start a couple hundred mA lower than the driver setting and slowly start to drop.
1.25A and lower seem to do fine on the juice batteries though.

On the JAD kit page i have a link for AW IMR batteries from lighthound.
I tried to get some to resell, but they are being jewish and won't give me a bulk discount on them.

Rajer, did you LPM this?

Moh -- What kind of output are you getting with the M140s and 1.8a in your kits and say a G1?

i put an m140 in one of these kits @1.8A and it pegs my laserbee a (2w limit). the numbers increase pretty fast and then EEEEEEEEE. prolly 2.1 -2.2W peak.