Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My laser doesnt work?!?!?!?!

DTR

It's not the connection wires because i just redid the WHOLE thing. So it must be a jank driver/module? It's your module DTR and i trust you so i doubt it's the module...

The modules I sell are tested I also assume that Garog would test his drivers after he builds the pill. I would really suggest testing the unit with a test load first. That can rule out the driver, host connections and batteries if it works. If it does not then you can work backwards and troubleshoot them. Also did you ever put batteries in the host before you had the diode connected to the driver?

Last edited:
Yes that's actually not in the slightest what I was looking for in pics. Anyways, if you ran the batteries to the driver and turned it on, you may have ruined the driver, it needs something hooked up to it to take the power otherwise it takes it and doesn't take long to die. I killed one my first time, it happens when your learning.

Rewkie

Well i hade my diode connected to the driver when i put the batteries in so that shouldnt happen. Btw sorry for kinda blowing up there i'm just a bit frustrated because ive been waiting to get a burning laser forever now and when i finally get one it doesnt work...

Cel

And yes i put the batteries in the right way. (negative towards the tail cap)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't batteries supposed to go case positive?

Or is it different on this host?

Fiddy

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't batteries supposed to go case positive?

Or is it different on this host?

Mostly all are case positive, you only make em case positive if its green module, IR or some random red diodes.

Cel

Most blue lasers are case positive, but DIY ones can be case + or -

So the Survival lasers are case negative?

Fiddy

no mate, most blues are case isolated. people like to make them case negative.

Last edited:

Rewkie

Yes i put them in the right way and just to make sure i tried them both ways. And since i hooked everything up right the first time before i put the batteries in could it be a bad tailcap?

Rewkie

Ahhhhhhh it must be the tailcap the driver or the module because i put it togeather perfectly. I'll post some pics in a bit.

Finally :yh: Also a DMM is an excellent tool to have, the under $20 GE ones at Wal-mart work well.

Rewkie

Lol sorry i couldnt before the only good camera i have is my macbook pros camera and frickin iphoto just HAD to have a 1.2gb update!

Rewkie

Dangit sorry guys pucs will have to wait. Maybe in an hour or two. Idk

:confused: I thought most (most, not all) lasers other then IR (which covers green since its DPSS) were case negative.

The one exception I can think of is all the JetLasers units I have used have been case positive, even the non DPSS lasers.