Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My greenie made him puke!

Seizure alert!

Funny how some people can be so affected by flashing light

I hate party strobe lights-no siezure but still an uncomfortable feeling.

It is most likely due to something he ate, but the light may have triggered a small reaction

You won't get suspended they'll just be like put it away at least at my school or they'll give it to you after class.

when i had english class my teacher saw my laser and she took it from me and started to play with it by herself....

weird teacher......

Last edited:
It seems that I read that the US military (or perhaps it was a military contractor, I don't remember) was working on what they called the "pukelight" which was a glorified flashlight that had 2 or 3 colors of LEDs that blinked in a certain pattern that was supposed to make people nauseous. Not sure how well it worked out or it it ever made it to production but apparently in at least some people certain patterns of light did cause stomach upset, at least enough that someone thought it worthwhile to try and make a non-lethal weapon out of it.

The only effect that I can personally confirm is eye fatigue... Even just looking at beams, not even the dots, tires my eyes quite a bit.

One of my friends did tell me looking at the beam of a 405nm made him feel dizzy.

I think HIMNL9 gave the best answer.

As I side note, I absolute despise strobe lights. Really nothing worse to ruin a good buzz IMO, but for some reason all the club owners think that strobes are great, why... idk.

Last edited:
I have seen more on the "military" high speed strobing of different LED's and there are some test trials in general population being used.
It seems that the rapidly changing flashes can actually cause a sort of "overload" for your brain. It can't process the information as fast as the flashing and the changing colors and it causes immediate nausea with possible puking for some people.
The biggest drawback that I see is that you need to be quite close for it to work as a large part of your field of view needs to be filled with the flashing unit. Or at least your main attention will need to be focussed on it.
So a bright laser with full attention passing over different textures and colored objects could simulate that effect somewhat, but I would tend to think it was more the motion sickness type of thing.
Have you tried buying him a laser cat toy and see if he acts accordingly ?
:evil:

Flashing lights, at certain frequencies and certain colors, CAN effect almost anyone. That's why they started to alter the circuits of strobe lights a few years ago - to PREVENT certain frequencies. Apparantly they CAN impose an eplilepsy-like state in some individuals, even if they don't have epilepsy, when the flashing light or strobe becomes synchronized or nearly synchronized with one's brain waves.

Epileptics are at greater risk;
Strobe lights and Epilepsy

Last edited: