Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first harvested diode just died...

... I'm not crying, I just have allergies.

Love that black body radiation. Glad the lead wires didn't break and that thing didn't drop into your lap. Because then you'd have to change the music mid-video to something much different.

Rafa

I'm a little more cautelous than this, under the diode there was a metal ashtray...

Morgan

Love that black body radiation.

In a similar vein to the above...

That's how you can change a Red or BR to an broadband IR output and, yes, it will light matches and pop balloons instantly without collimation!

RIP little guy. Better to burn out than fade away!

M
:)

Wow, this guy just can't take a diode's death.

If I cremated every diode I burned like that, I'd be broke and gas company would be 3x richer.

Sorry to see it go.

On a side note, you got an awsome camcoder.

Rafa

Wow, this guy just can't take a diode's death.

If I cremated every diode I burned like that, I'd be broke and gas company would be 3x richer.

Sorry to see it go.

On a side note, you got an awsome camcoder.
It cost me only 200€ (the camcorder... no the diode, haha) its pretty amazing for the price. I am really impressed with it :D )

Well, the diode was not fried, I just tore the whole pins off... and well... as it was my first correctly harvested diode I decided to cremate it.

Been there man. I've killed like 4 or 5 LOCs and a few PHRs. Thankfully all my expensive diode builds have been a success.

-Tony

HIMNL9

Well, at least, this gives a new meaning to the phrase "you overheated your laser diode" ..... :crackup: (j/k :p :D)