Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My first beam pics!

Hello everyone! I have finally taken my first beam photos and hopefully they will show up correctly. I have taken the advice of others and used a third party image host so hopefully that will work best. So here we go:

First set of pics are of my Skylasers PL-445 2+W 445nm shown here:

These photos were taken using a Canon EOS 30D and standard EF-S 18-55mm lens. I used a tripod and self-timer with auto settings and no flash, no smoke or fog all were taken clear air in my (cluttered) basement. I also want to mention that for each beam shot, the distance from aperture to spot was 21 feet. The focus on the 445nm was set all the way in. Even at this distance it still was burning the wooden cabinet door I was aimed at for only the 10 seconds it took for each photo. :eg:

Next pic is of my 30mW 532nm DPSS pen-style shown here:

Final pic is of my Laserglow 125mW 532nm DPSS shown here:

Hope the pics work for everyone, look forward to doing more photography as time goes on, happy lasing!

Last edited:

gozert

Looks good! Have you considered taking outdoors beamshots? Unless you have a setup like Brucemir, the bright light coming from the dot kinda takes away the beauty of the beam imo. I like the Laserglow 532nm a lot, it reminds me of wanting a 1W version from CNI. Guess I should first win a small lottery for that to happen though :D

Looks good! Have you considered taking outdoors beamshots? Unless you have a setup like Brucemir, the bright light coming from the dot kinda takes away the beauty of the beam imo. I like the Laserglow 532nm a lot, it reminds me of wanting a 1W version from CNI. Guess I should first win a small lottery for that to happen though :D

Yes, outdoor will be my next venture in photo taking, I just wanted to start here and see how it would go. I also am going to make a proper beam trap for taking photos indoors too. This was my beta test. :) Yeah, I love 532nm, would love to have 1W too, will have to play the lottery also! :D

Last edited:

GSS

I like! How you didnt light something on fire in your basement ill never know lol

EOS 30D awesome, do you know how to use manual mode? Do you own a shutter release cable? :evil:

EOS 30D awesome, do you know how to use manual mode? Do you own a shutter release cable? :evil:

I don't have a release, never needed bulb mode, my photography has always just been landscapes and wildlife. Only just now trying my hand with laser photography. I can use bulb mode on the tripod with my finger on the button to try it out. I will definitely experiment more when I have the time. :)

Lux please do! I'd love to see another DSLR owner doing LE shots on bulb mode of lasers in varying places/times of day. It's fun, and it's how I take most of my beam shots :eg: Looking forward to seeing some of yours oneday :)

Re: My first beam pics! Update

I attempted my first outdoor beam shot video, holding my phone in one hand and my Skylasers PL445 2+W 445nm laser in the other. It is just a very quick test shot to see how it would look recorded on my phone in full HD mode. I noticed that at times the beam looked white so evidently my phone camera doesn't handle laser light at this power very well lol. I never attempted a video link before so hope this works. :beer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdN8VdLb97g

Last edited: