Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My experience with sanwu lasers and after service

RonG

Hello, I wanted to share my experience with sanwu lasers and after service.

After reading and reading here I saw that was (1 of) the best go to guys for lasers in high quality. So after being S*** on ali for the second time... I visited his site and looked for the most powerful one (the 7 watt spiker) and wanted to buy it so asked him a question. A few minutes later I already received a response, he advised me ad that time to go for the 5 watt one as it would (probably) last longer. It became a small chat session and after that I decided to go for the 5 watt spiker with beam expander and g7 lens.

Ad first I was very afraid it would not get trough customs and he helped me with a lower value invoice in case of. Bud he told me not to worry about customs. And after he shipped it I received it within 3 days, and I was happy as a kid on Christmas. Sutch an impressive laser beam, especially with the beam expander.

Unfortunately after a few months I noticed that I had a weird problem. The front focus cap seemed to be a bit to lose so you couldn't focus properly anymore. Contacted them about it, made a video of it and without a hassle he started to work on the problem. First he shipped me a new focus cap, unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. So I had to ship the module (laser part) to him so he could replace it. He also offered to pay for the shipping costs and told me to ship it most economic way (without trace number), as that's very expensive here, and wath could go wrong Wright?

Well after a month I started worrying so I contacted the shipping company and asked wath the delivery time was. Long story short, package gone. Made no mistake in any way and also put my return address on there. But no trace nr no case. Told them wath happened, and thank god he believed me and shipped me a new 5 watt lasermodule. Shipping first class, now that's watt I call good service!

I basically took all his proved away, 4 times shipping costs, 2 free lenses (g2 and g7) and dust free lens, and a extra focus/front cap + a new 5 watt module. So for anyone that's a newbie like me I really recommend this store. It might cost a few bucks, but it's well worth it. Just look at my case, there are not many company's that would ship a 5 watt module while the other one is gone.

I have seen everyone drop his name here, so 1 last time Francis Thanks a million!! Good service still exists. :yh:

Hello, I wanted to share my experience with sanwu lasers and after service.

After reading and reading here I saw that was (1 of) the best go to guys for lasers in high quality. So after being S*** on ali for the second time... I visited his site and looked for the most powerful one (the 7 watt spiker) and wanted to buy it so asked him a question. A few minutes later I already received a response, he advised me ad that time to go for the 5 watt one as it would (probably) last longer. It became a small chat session and after that I decided to go for the 5 watt spiker with beam expander and g7 lens.

Ad first I was very afraid it would not get trough customs and he helped me with a lower value invoice in case of. Bud he told me not to worry about customs. And after he shipped it I received it within 3 days, and I was happy as a kid on Christmas. Sutch an impressive laser beam, especially with the beam expander.

Unfortunately after a few months I noticed that I had a weird problem. The front focus cap seemed to be a bit to lose so you couldn't focus properly anymore. Contacted them about it, made a video of it and without a hassle he started to work on the problem. First he shipped me a new focus cap, unfortunately that didn't solve the problem. So I had to ship the module (laser part) to him so he could replace it. He also offered to pay for the shipping costs and told me to ship it most economic way (without trace number), as that's very expensive here, and wath could go wrong Wright?

Well after a month I started worrying so I contacted the shipping company and asked wath the delivery time was. Long story short, package gone. Made no mistake in any way and also put my return address on there. But no trace nr no case. Told them wath happened, and thank god he believed me and shipped me a new 5 watt lasermodule. Shipping first class, now that's watt I call good service!

I basically took all his proved away, 4 times shipping costs, 2 free lenses (g2 and g7) and dust free lens, and a extra focus/front cap + a new 5 watt module. So for anyone that's a newbie like me I really recommend this store. It might cost a few bucks, but it's well worth it. Just look at my case, there are not many company's that would ship a 5 watt module while the other one is gone.

I have seen everyone drop his name here, so 1 last time Francis Thanks a million!! Good service still exists. :yh:
It would have been nice to introduce yourself
to the Forum in the Welcome section first....

That being said... We don't know where "here" is.
If you ship anything out from your location which is
in your possession it is your responsibility to put
tracking on that package whether the receiving party
says to do it or not.
If the package gets lost or damaged the responsibility
is yours alone.

You were extremely luck that Sanwu sent you a new
Laser since legally they had no responsibility to so so.

Jerry

Last edited:

BobMc

Glad to hear Sanwu treated you so respectfully. :gj: Sanwu. I bet they have earned themselves a return customer. Enjoy your laser, Sanwu does do some great builds.

Ps, as mentioned you might want to make a post in the "Welcome Section" say hi and tell us a little about yourself. Welcome and enjoy. :)

I've seen a lot of good reports regarding Sanwu, only thing I've bought from them is a 532 nm JetLasers though.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Glad to hear that all turned out well, and that Sanwu went the extra mile to make it right for a customer. :yh:

BTW, welcome to LPF!
As others have said, please make a welcome thread and introduce yourself, there are a lot of good experienced members here who are always willing to help.
Adding your general location is always a good thing, as there may be sources, or a member nearby that we can direct you to.

BobMc

I've seen a lot of good reports regarding Sanwu, only thing I've bought from them is a 532 nm JetLasers though.

Good day Alaskan, gotta comment on your last post. How did you buy a 532 JetLaser from Sanwu ?

( think that's way to much caffeine or not enough ) :)

Last edited:

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
Hey Bob, I was wondering the same thing myself. :thinking:
My vote is that it's the sun. :)

Last edited:

BobMc

Hey Bob, I was wondering the same thing myself. :thinking:
My vote is that it's the sun. :)

Heeee, sunspots, should have known better. They've been causing so much trouble lately! :crackup:

Podo

We never sell any jetlasers handhelds.

Actually this account used to be someone else, he sold his 532nm handheld from jetlasers here after a little lurking in the profile.

We wanted to sell our laser products in LPF so we "borrowed" his account. ;)

Last edited:
Ha, raised some eye brows with that comment, did I? Yes, it was a used laser pointer, sold to me early on when the account was first made here.

BobMc

Haaaa, so there was a method to your madness. It wasn't sunspots or to much or to little caffeine. :crackup:

So enjoy your Jetwu-laser the only one of its kind. :D

Last edited:
Paid 500 dollars for it, he said it would do 1 watt. Well.... it would if you held it right up to the LPM thermopile really close, sometimes. A few times I did measure over a watt out of it, but most of the time it is between 400 and 800 mw. It's the 532 nm DPSS PL-E Pro, I believe it's true output rating is 800 mw.

BobMc

$500.00 that's not to bad for a pl-e pro 800mw 532. Think they were selling for over 600 when I bought mine. Can't wait for CDBeam to finish your build, this I gotta check out!!! :bowdown:

IDK, maybe someone here should brand Jetwu? :p

The report of borrowing someones account for LPF raises a question in my mind, why? Who needs to borrow a LPF account? For the rep? Is that ethical? In this case it doesn't matter, Sanwu has a very good reputation of supporting their customers beyond what I believe is reasonable, in some cases.

BobMc

:)

That is kinda curious, but like Podo said, when they wanted to start selling, so maybe it was just how they did it? Did you actually buy it form Sanwu? Or just on their account?

Last edited:
My understanding is I bought it from the man who started Sanwu, he had a machinist building them for him. I am not so sure the picture we are being given is the whole story. Perhaps he was a partner of some kind, I don't know...