Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My Bad experience with DealExtreme

D

Deleted member 8382

I have to disagree with jerry :(

I think I'm the one with more orders on dealextreme since I resell their items in ebay, and trust me that they really got stock.

For the things that they sell very usually they got large stocks (like the bluetooth dongle etc) for all the other things they send the order to their suppliers recive the items and then ship them to you, and normally they are the ones who send the packages although sometimes their suppliers do it.

Just look that sometimes after the "waiting for supplier" the "order recived- in stock" status comes.

Keep in mind the main reason of why dealextreme is that cheap because they pay a monthly fee to the HK post so they can ship everything they want, just like the ADSL ;)

This is why they can ship you piggy flashlight under a dollar with shipping included, and so it wouldn't make sense that they forced their suppliers to ship the items.

Yours,
Albert

Also, if you read their FAQs and support section, they state that even though items say "In stock," it could be wrong. They say that those "In stock" things usually are not accurate. Just something I stumbled upon when I made my order.

This will be my 2nd or 3rd order from them. And my past orders have gone through smoothly. Just takes some time.

every once in a while they get for a 10-20 dollar item but thier prices are great so i don't sweat them

recieved two non working flashlight this month alone -forget about it

HIMNL9

I'm still waiting for more than 200$ of material (mainly tools) ..... the tracking they gave me say "left Hong Kong for its destination on 29-Jul-2009", but no other info, and still nothing arrived.

I was not particularly preoccupied, for our usual custom office delays, but some other items i ordered after these ones, are arrived in 22 and 25 days, so don't know what to say ..... maybe, right now, some custom office guys is playing with new, unpaid toys ? ..... :eg: :mad:

^ I dont want to panic but that sounds not good!
Almost every airmail package that takes more than 100% of the usual time got lost (in my cases)

DX has yet to refund me for packet that was "returned to sender". They wanted 3 bucks to have it reshipped but I decided to get a refund. I have yet to see it and it's been over 6 months...

D

Deleted member 8382

that's not their problem, I'm in the same situation. The fact is that the HK post doesn't return them, or maybe they recive the notification but don't go to pick them...

Just look at the tracking number and you will see the package has not been returned (at least in my case)

DX did receive the package, they just don't want to give me a refund. I originally filed a PP dispute but I let it expire since DX sounded promising(biggest mistake). It's only $15 so I've pretty much given up...

well I just received two more tritium key chains today. one in green and blue. I ordered from hkequipment on ebay. The order took less than two weeks and they were the same item that DX sells but cheaper!!!! I would recommend buying from this seller if you are interested in getting tritium key chains.

vaxbby

I am sorry to hear your bad experience. I am lucky to get the refund. I guess my package was lost during the shipping. I can not track my order by the tracking number.
I need to buy my item at other sellers.

i bought some torches from them (5) and all five were broken, i senty them a letter, but no reply. paypal has expired... but my pen style torch i bought a LONG time ago from them is still working great!!! i love it! DX is good for things that are cheap, that way if something happens its not too big of a deal,

Hmm idk about the cellphone jammer tho, i was going to get one for when i go to the movies to keep ppl from TXTing and calling, but BCM has me worried :(

Still waiting it's been 2-3 weeks almost.. soo... hopefully it'll come.. I'm waiting for jayrob to get his 3405 hosts from them too so he can finally build my kit ):

DX sent me something today saying that my items will arrive in 7 - 10 days and they gave me a tracking number, but what I've been hearing, I think their probably bsing me, it will probably take about a month, anyone disagree?