Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My attempt at a heatsink and focus adapter

Those look great!

I haven't touched my lathe in a few months. I was in the basement today and was staring at it, and the giant pile of aluminum stock I still have, and the cardboard box full of flashlights.
The thought of making some heat sinks entered my mind for about 0.2 seconds. Then I recalled what it was like spending 10 hours standing in one spot turning those things out.

I shut off the light and left. I'll go check on the lathe again in a few more months :D

haha, GIVE ME YOUR LATHE!

I'm hanging onto it. One day, some random part on something is going to break, and I'll be able to run to the shop and turn out a new one :D

I've learned that you shouldn't sell tools. Keep them till they break, and replace them.

Last edited:
Very nice work fiddy,

On mohrenbergs note, do you guys think I should invest in a precision mini lathe or mini mill?I could do so much more with a mill, but a lathe is equally as useful.

Yeah no joke, a nice cnc lathe with a 3 axis mill arm... but im looking at a $400 diy mill or a $500 minilathe from harbor freight. If you had to choose one?