Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 445nm Build with the 18650 Aurora SS R2 Cree From Jayrob!!! "Picture Heavy"

Re: My 445nm Build with the 18650 Aurora SS R2 Cree From Jayrob!!! "Picture Heavy"

I have to say I completely love everything about your pictures!
Blue beams with a sharp violet edge to them & violet splash, great against you counter top.
Really love that haze clinging & wisping off the host!
That would be dry ice yes? Did you do any editing / processing or are they just straight up?

It seems you using a Kodak Zi8 video camera. How about a video! :D:D

Hey thanks far the kind words. :D Acutely its not Dry Ice It Is Vapor from an Electronic Cigarette.;)

Also the Picture are straight up from my camera/camcorder to my computer then to imageshack then here, no editing:) and you are correct its with a Zi8. I love this camera. I will make some videos tonight and tomorrow and put them up tomorrow. Its dark here now...

Man, that sure is a nice looking host, im kinda regretting not getting the SS instead of the basic one. Perhaps I may look into getting one, but then I would end up with 3 445nm builds, and it'd be hard to top the power of my basic kit and still have a usable duty cycle.
I like the smoke effect in the last pic.

(Picture)

Also, you may want to upgrade to the copper heatsink if you plan to take it up to 1A, it gets hot very quickly.

Hehe... It indeed is a nice host i think iam also going to get the black one too :) You can never have too many 445nm builds:wave:

Yea iam going to upgrade to the copper heatsink as soon as i get my driver in or a few days before that.its a couple weeks away or less.

Your beam shot is crazy... I cant wait to bump it up.:)

Re: My 445nm Build with the 18650 Aurora SS R2 Cree From Jayrob!!! "Picture Heavy"

Here Is the first video:D I had a piece of dust on my camcorder lens sorry.

I will upload the 2nd video tonight after work with some new pics i took also last night

Thanks again For watching

Update still waiting on my driver and lens both of the lens i order are the wrong ones iam waiting for my replacements now :D Cant wait till they come in.:)

Very nice, i'm impatient to build my 445nm and to have the famous spyder artic III

Man that video was nice. I like how the beam appears more blue than violet like it should. Your camera likes this wavelength.

Awesome build. I would like to see it when you boost the current.
Put a shoop da whoop face on the third to last one. :evil:

Hey, Thank You all For the awesome complements i am very happy you like my photos:D

OK Here ARE some more photos and another video with this 445nm build and my 16x Red 320mA from a SF-A210 SLED.

Sorry again for the dust spot on the lens of my camcorder these were shot at the same time as the other video just uploaded later.

Warning More Heavy Pic's

All Pic's + Video with Smoke.:)

And My video:

Last edited:

RDTech

Driver? Which other driver are you waiting for other than the V5? Just curious?

AMC7135 1050mA.

Got it in yesterday put it together and it doesn't seem like 1 Watt so then i bumped my Flex V5 to 1000mA to see what was up and the Flex is what am going to use. There is a big diffrence. Iam Just going to have to order another one for my other build that i took it out of.:)

Once i get my laser meter i will test and see exactly what the AMC is at.:) It was reading 1110mA On a dummy load.:thinking:

Last edited:

Hey lazeerer, does that host smudge with fingerprints easy? i cancelled my arctic (SO RELIEVED) and id like this kit.

Last edited:

Any polished surface will leave fingerprints. But i dont notice it much.;)

wbayw

Hi,
What is the shape of the beam? Rectangular or circle?
I like this host, its very nice. I would like to buy one too :)

Hey all Here is my 445nm laser at 1000mA Using the Flex V5. :) I dont know the mW yet but i will no soon. I cant get enough of it. ;)

Also my copper heatsink should be in today or tomorrow.:) If using this host and at this power it is a must have as it get warm around 30sec with the aluminum heatsink. I have never let it get hot before.
EDIT: Just got my Copper heatsink in today.

Here are some Beam shot PICS at 1000mA! 1087mW!

My 405nm 12x at 380mA is on the left and My 445nm 1000mA on the right.

Thanks all.:)

Last edited:

:yh::gj:

Last edited:

Heleno

Wow!
Great pictures!
can you tell us a little bit more about the pictures themselves?
like: what kind of camera did u use? how was the shutter speed? and the apperture size? any zoom? (what is the focal lengh?)
ok - the first ones - like another guys said here - looks really a dark/death ray! it actually reminded me of Magus from Chrono Trigger!

Hey all, Heres a Quick video of it at 1 amp.

Thanks for Watching. :)