Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 405 died this evening. RIP

Low-Q

I was playing around in front of my TV. Then I wanted to see how the phosphorus layer on the TV handled a close up focused beam...then it happened. A bad noise from high voltage discharge from the screen surface, and into the laser housing.

Then it just lit very strange, unfocused, and weak. The laser was taking his last breath, before he closed his eyes, and died in my hands.

RIP you little toy, and must God take your soul and fill it with life so it again can shine as a purple flower on a bright sunny day in Haven. For you have given me joy, and happiness. You did let me explore the universe og floruecent stuff, teached me how to NOT handle a 150mW violet laser, and gave me the idea of engraving wooden toys, and other wooden things. You did teach me how to burn and cut paper, cutting out figures out og empty potatochips bags, set off the fire alarm, killing flies at 10 feet distance, removing unwanted things here and there, etc., etc..
So you, my late friend, I will miss you, but I salute you, and must God welcome you in Heaven!

Now - I may buy another one soon. But untill then I'll play around with a 1W 808nm laser that did set some wooden chippings on fire today. I must find a way to tame that horse before someone gets hurt !!

Vidar

Sad indeed. Could be a sign as he said. I'm about to order one of those 6x's also.

no-darth_vader.jpg

There is a special diode graveyard thread somewhere on LPF, maybe that's a good place to share your sorrow...

Low-Q

There is a special diode graveyard thread somewhere on LPF, maybe that's a good place to share your sorrow...
How much for a tomb stone here at LPF? It must not be bigger than a few megabytes tall, and maybe 256 kilobytes thick. The width can be approx 1 megabyte. Made up of gold plated silicone -that should be nice. Laser engraved ofcourse. A JPEG of a few flowers should do - synthetic, so I don't need give them water all the time.

Thanks for your support guys :)

Vidar