Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My 1x18650 2w build

It is funny that you post that, because my first week or two on the forum I had no idea what a "pill" was and a lot of things suddenly made sense when I put it together.

Last edited:
Got my heatsink. Hooked it up to my lab power supply, and I got 1.8W at 1.8'ish amps with a three element lens! 1.9W with a G2!

oYOO5l.jpg

Last edited:
Got my heatsink. Hooked it up to my lab power supply, and I got 1.8W at 1.8'ish amps with a three element lens! 1.9W with a G2!

oYOO5l.jpg

I thought you were going to use a copper module on this build. I think you should really think about that, it would make all the difference at 1.8A

EDIT: Great flashlight you picked, i like the polishing :D

Last edited:
I thought you were going to use a copper module on this build. I think you should really think about that, it would make all the difference at 1.8A

EDIT: Great flashlight you picked, i like the polishing :D

Yes, I have some copper modules on the way from the group buy!

The polishing took about four hours... my hands hurt afterwards haha

Okay so... it lases, but not for very long! I have both the drivers in parallel and they work perfectly for about twenty seconds before one of them overheats and shuts off haha

There is literally no room for any kind of heatsinking for the drivers.

Se here's what I'm gonna do, this build is going to be transplanted into a WF-502B, I have a heatsink on the way from Eudaimonium. Should get here... eventually. And this small host will become a 1.2A build, probably just a A140.

:)

Okay so... it lases, but not for very long! I have both the drivers in parallel and they work perfectly for about twenty seconds before one of them overheats and shuts off haha

There is literally no room for any kind of heatsinking for the drivers.

Se here's what I'm gonna do, this build is going to be transplanted into a WF-502B, I have a heatsink on the way from Eudaimonium. Should get here... eventually. And this small host will become a 1.2A build, probably just a A140.

:)

Sounds like it's gonna be great. But if you're spending money on improving your build, you should probably upgrade to a copper module while you're at it. They know what they're talking about when they say it really makes all the difference at that current.

Sounds like it's gonna be great. But if you're spending money on improving your build, you should probably upgrade to a copper module while you're at it. They know what they're talking about when they say it really makes all the difference at that current.

Again, I have one on the way from the group buy. ;)

No worries, as mentioned previously I have access to an extraction tool. :)

I actually read that bit. But just having a tool for something doesn't mean it will go according to plan. It's like licenses. A lot of people may have drivers licenses, but how many of them to a good job of driving? I'm just wishing you luck that nothing goes awry. :beer:

I actually read that bit. But just having a tool for something doesn't mean it will go according to plan. It's like licenses. A lot of people may have drivers licenses, but how many of them to a good job of driving? I'm just wishing you luck that nothing goes awry. :beer:

Oh yeah, I've used it twice already. These diodes are really fragile unfortunately.

jordan

This has been a very entertaining read, congrats on the build! Can you post a pic of your original and your revised driver setups (once you revise the drivers) so that others may learn from your work? :)

This has been a very entertaining read, congrats on the build! Can you post a pic of your original and your revised driver setups (once you revise the drivers) so that others may learn from your work? :)

There's not really much to show, it's just two drivers in parallel. Very simple.