Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

My $13 DIY PHR

This is really cool, I love can builds they are so unassuming an don't even look like
a laser and that is what makes them cool in my book +2 for you :D

PS if you need heat shrink I can send you some :)

Last edited:

This is really cool, I love can builds they are so unassuming an don't even look like
a laser and that is what makes them cool in my book +2 for you :D

PS if you need heat shrink I can send you some :)

Yeah that's why I like them! I actually don't think I'm ever going to do a flashlight build. I'm probably going to be putting lasers into weird things that are unexpected.

PS Thank you very much! If I need some I'll let you know! And BTW my brother just informed me the wire I used in my laser came from you. So thank you! For helping me with my laser.
:friend:​

You have silicone wire in there too? Nice. :beer:
Don't know how I lived without silicone.

OK so who is your brother on here :thinking:

I have already been asked if I am your brother :crackup:

Yeah that's why I like them! I actually don't think I'm ever going to do a flashlight build. I'm probably going to be putting lasers into weird things that are unexpected.

PS Thank you very much! If I need some I'll let you know! And BTW my brother just informed me the wire I used in my laser came from you. So thank you! For helping me with my laser.
:friend:​

OK so who is your brother on here :thinking:

I have already been asked if I am your brother :crackup:

Her brother happens to be named Jeff. So I guess that's where the confusion would be.

I am her brother. :beer: I suppose it wouldn't be fair if I didn't clarify that :p.

Me and her talked here and there. She wanted to build a laser. So for Xmas I bought her a PHR module which included a driver already attached. I figured it would be a good starter/learner for her plus 405 is awesome.

I provided MUCH help and all of the supplies. I did not have any hosts that were not already being used plus she wanted to do a 100% DIY laser by herself and not with a fancy kit. So I told her to find something to put it in. Eventually we decided on the tin you see in the photo which so happens to be the same tin Pontiac send the module in (which made for a really funny gift when she opened it! I just kept it in the original shipping packaging and it made for a good surprise for me too) Anyway, I helped guide her through the steps of soldering (which she never did before. She did a damn good job too) I helped her choose a layout and we tested the module together. Then she cut the tin up with a hand dremel and she got the battery pack from an old television remote. It didn't fit the way we planned so we had to make it work.

Anyway, We both had alot of fun. I have never built a laser from scratch. I've only done repairs on my units when they break :D. Anyways if anyone has any questions. I'd be happy to answer them!

So you are her brother, eh.. Sorry Flaminpyro :D I was the one who asked :D:D:D

:beer: