Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Multi-monitor setups

Things

I have a basic dual 4:3 19" setup, but only started recently. To be honest, it's kind of annoying having to look around to see everything on your screens. Although it can be handy at times, just seems kind of like a waste of desk space.

Now, if anyone is willing to rip their monitors open, so that the screens line up with very minimal gap between, then I'd see how it'd be good :p

I have a basic dual 4:3 19" setup, but only started recently. To be honest, it's kind of annoying having to look around to see everything on your screens. Although it can be handy at times, just seems kind of like a waste of desk space.

Now, if anyone is willing to rip their monitors open, so that the screens line up with very minimal gap between, then I'd see how it'd be good :p

Give it time. Eventually you'll start keeping one monitor as a primary, and the second with be in your peripheral vision:D I use a second monitor for skype/chat/network monitors and the primary for most actual work.

When I first started using a second monitor I had the same exact feeling as you do... now there is no way I could switch back to a single monitor setup, my productivity would take a dive. While one huge monitor would be cool, in terms of efficiency two are much better.

Gah that makes me so annoyed.
My setup is boring atm.
Before i moved i had a 3 screens a 42 center a 32 left and a 19 right.
Was great for my graphic design and stuff. but when i moved out they kept my 42.
so now im just down to 32 center 19 right 19 crt far right.
In october i should be good and ill have my rig along with 2 new 32in screens.
So i can buy back me eve online account and play across all of them.

I used to have a CRT on the right with 2 LCD's, but the issue was that it ran at 50hz to keep up with the high resolution, so if it was in my peripheral vision, it flickered and gave me headaches.

Here at work I only have the one screen too.
But the OS allows for multiple "desktops".
I currently have five configured. One for the default ancient company inventory program, one for all internet functions, one for documents or label creation, one for spreadsheets, and the fifth one for all the other miscellaneous tasks that need to be done.
Quite handy to limit certain types of activities to their own "desktop" and be able to flip to them when needed.
At least five different applications all open at the same time without it being cluttered.
If you are a slave to "drag & drop" and don't know the keyboard equivalents then you might find it a bit tough to use. But I find it much more efficient.
Makes it so hard to use "Windows" at home.:banghead: