Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MS Envy - New Generation of Magic Stick Hosts - Prototyping 26650/18650 Host thread!

sinner

Thanks guys :D
@Lazerbeak: I'll make a batch for C-mount diodes I have too many inquiries for them lately!

I am currently testing the duty cycle on this and so far this doesnt seem to have one.. I am having so much fun with the results so far..

Test Laser: 1W Laser M140

- Diode : 445nm M140
- Driver Current: 1.2A
- Driver Typer: xBoost
- Batteries :1x18650
- Ambient Temperature: 25C
- Rise in Temp after 10min: 44C

2wece88.png
- 50mW Drop in First 5minutes -- That's 10mW / minute
- 8.5mW Drop per minute from 306s-610s

x3hg7p.png
So after a 10min torture run, the diode and host were not getting any warmer and it became stable as f$^k!

That's Great Sinner! Thanks so much :D I'm in. I will have SBA's build of your Secret Weapon Soon. Really looking forward to it :beer:

~ LB

sinner

Gotcha :beer: Very nice, Im looking forward to your SBA built MS-SSW too..

:thanks:

Those are amazing results, Sinner!

I'll have LB's SSW finished this weekend. Everything is set up (silicone), and I put a fresh charge on the batteries. Tomorrow evening, it gets wired up!! I LPMed the diode in Mrcrouse's heatsink, so I doubt it will read different in the Weapon.

Oh, this polish job is sweet too. I may have to tear down my SSW just to put a new polish on it, now that I have some small wheels.

:D Well worth the wait. So exciting! Thanks SBA and Sinner both for the effort, much appreciated!

Sqee!

~ LB

sinner

Thanks Brian :D , Yes Indeed results are truly amazing , I had a good feeling about this one and when i built this test laser i was already getting amazed how it didnt even get warm after a small run when the hosts of the same size would beg to be turned off :D

I have a DTR's 9mm Diode on the way, I dont want to dis-assemble my MS-V5 for a 9mm diode .. Patience is the key !! :D

@LB: I appreciate the kind words, it makes the effort well worth it!