Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Move Over CSI :)

daguin

How do you get the lines to separate so clearly?

The beam is bounced off of a diffraction mirror.

In this picture the original beam is coming from your right. It enters the PBS cube and is split off to the left (over the other color lines). The "straight through" part of the beam then goes to and is reflected off of the diffraction mirror. The diffracted color beams comes out to your left and another full spectrum beam reflects of to your right. This reflected full spectrum beam can be diffracted again as can the original "split off" part of the beam. The colors go everywhere :)

new20.jpg

Peace,
dave

Last edited:
ahh I want to be able to do that! I tried a DVD but that just doesn't impress me :p

daguin

ahh I want to be able to do that! I tried a DVD but that just doesn't impress me :p

I feel your pain. Keep your eyes peeled for a "diffraction grating mirror" on eBay. You can sometimes pick them up for a song.

Peace,
dave

HIMNL9

daguin, how can you be so lucky ?

Not just find a dna sequencer for so few, but also got money back carrying scraps to the disposal center ?

Hell, here in Italy, WE have to pay the disposal center when we carry items to them, including metals, "cause it's a service" ..... AAARGH :gun: