Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mosquitoes

Spray and lighter is a very dangerous method. It may explode in your hands. I am always afraid to do it too.
Using a 3W laser while mosquitoes are landed I think it will work. A 3W laser is not a toy but a weapon and everyone must be very careful not to fire up the house.
About cockroaches I thing an initial beam will make them run and they are really really fast, except if their antennas get damaged I don't know what will happen then...
Sprays are not good to smell and if you approach they run. A laser could be the cure :gun:
If someone has experience with cockroaches he may enlighten us.

Last edited:

Vasilas oh boy do I remember getting totured by them when I was there as a kid. It was just as bad in Athens as in the villages in Sparta. My uncle didnt let me use the burning coil repellent as he was afraid of me starting a fire me being young at the time. I never even realized there were 2 types. By all means whatever advice you get here burn those suckers. They were so loud they sounded just like flys buzzing around you when trying to sleep at night, that il never forget.:scowl:
I will do my best mate and take revenge for you too:eg:. I never put the smelly devices to put mosquitoes down because it is unhealthy to smell it all night.

A minus using a laser against bugs will be the nasty smell of a burning bug...

Using a 3W laser while mosquitoes are landed I think it will work. A 3W laser is not a toy but a weapon and everyone must be very careful not to fire up the house.

I know I don't need to tell you my friend, because you're experienced, but for any noob that's reading this, ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES for your laser type and power.
At these powers the laser is a very dangerous weapon to use, especially indoors.

Its very uncomfortable to look at the beam without safety glasses, to say the least.

Anyway be careful, mozzies will find a way to escape and get revenge!

:crackup:

I know I don't need to tell you my friend, because you're experienced, but for any noob that's reading this, ALWAYS WEAR SAFETY GLASSES for your laser type and power.
At these powers the laser is a very dangerous weapon to use, especially indoors.

Its very uncomfortable to look at the beam without safety glasses, to say the least.

Anyway be careful, mozzies will find a way to escape and get revenge!

Goggles all the time inside the house, very important.

Now if a cockroach escapes the first beam, there is a great chance it is blind:san:

Goggles all the time inside the house, very important.

Now if a cockroach escapes the first beam, there is a great chance it is blind:san:

Great post and great to see safety first.
+Rep for you.

:)

djQUAN

If someone has experience with cockroaches he may enlighten us.

Having a 3.2W focused to a cockroach does nothing but put out a puff of smoke and lightly burn the back before it runs away.

Although having one on its back and the laser defocused illuminating the whole underbelly for a couple minutes kills it. Not a quick death though but beats the hell out of squishing and having roach guts all over the floor and under your slippers.

When I was 10 years old, I decided to light the spray from a hair spray can in the bathroom, damn, a long furious flame came spraying out.... Strange thing is, it didn't scare me at all :p

Reactions: GSS

Gabe

What about breakin out the old DustBuster for the roaches and suck em away? Vacuum cleaners are awesome for big bugs, I used one to suck out a whole wasp nest's population from under my back door steps. I have no empathy for those dirty bastages, they stung me countless times when I was younger, and I always had an aversion towards them since. As for mosquitoes, the only technique I had against the ones that fly around your ear in the trailer/tent is just pretending I'm a ninja and grabbing them out of the air with a 1/10 success rate. Never tried a laser against a 'squito, but I'd imagine it'd be incredibly difficult unless they're those big fat slow mutant mosquitoes.

Last edited:
Having a 3.2W focused to a cockroach does nothing but put out a puff of smoke and lightly burn the back before it runs away.

Although having one on its back and the laser defocused illuminating the whole underbelly for a couple minutes kills it. Not a quick death though but beats the hell out of squishing and having roach guts all over the floor and under your slippers.
Discusting!:umbrella:

What about breakin out the old DustBuster for the roaches and suck em away? Vacuum cleaners are awesome for big bugs, I used one to suck out a whole wasp nest's population from under my back door steps. I have no empathy for those dirty bastages, they stung me countless times when I was younger, and I always had an aversion towards them since. As for mosquitoes, the only technique I had against the ones that fly around your ear in the trailer/tent is just pretending I'm a ninja and grabbing them out of the air with a 1/10 success rate. Never tried a laser against a 'squito, but I'd imagine it'd be incredibly difficult unless they're those big fat slow mutant mosquitoes.
While mosquitoes on flight, it's very dangerous to hunt them down with a laser and very difficult to hit on target too. But if they stay still on the wall....:gun:

Last edited:
I am not so sure about those, maybe if they are small but I doubt it, they say the cockroaches will survive a nuclear war.:crackup: You may need something in the 5 to 7W range.

Alan
I'll let you know after mine arrives. I live in Florida. The Skeeter's are huge

GSS

I will do my best mate and take revenge for you too:eg:. I never put the smelly devices to put mosquitoes down because it is unhealthy to smell it all night.

A minus using a laser against bugs will be the nasty smell of a burning bug...
That would be awesome and make sure you tell them this is payback from biting "peter". Til this day when I get bit by one I think back almost 40 years when I was in Greece. I remember burning bugs as a kid an yeah it didnt smell pretty! Hey mabey the bugs are paying us back, picture a fly looking at you with all those eyes:thinking:

That would be awesome and make sure you tell them this is payback from biting "peter". Til this day when I get bit by one I think back almost 40 years when I was in Greece. I remember burning bugs as a kid an yeah it didnt smell pretty! Hey mabey the bugs are paying us back, picture a fly looking at you with all those eyes:thinking:
First mosquito I see I will write Peter on its face :horse: I wonder if flies get blind by a laser, they have so big eyes!

Great video :D