Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

More stupid people trying to ruin the hobby

Guys, we need to stick together on this great and interesting hobby we have. We have NO room for in-fighting.
Either stop bickering or get out and find a game of tiddlywinks and do that instead.

Agreed, however I was just trying to point out that sometimes we need to step back and think about our own actions before finger pointing too much. I don't think there's anyone on the planet that hasn't done at least one stupid thing that they've ended up regretting in their lives. And sometimes, people don't realize they're acting stupidly until it's pointed out to them either.

Yes lighten up RA was only kidding :crackup:
Everone here knows it's not nice to point you laser at aircraft and boats or any where you might hit someone in the eye.

@ qumefox I couldn't agree more ;)

Last edited:

itw3ak

Yeah that description the firefighter gave makes me a little mad at the people who are ignorant about lasers. Its not their fault but its like a "we fear what we don't understand " thing and I wish on one hand that laser tech was more broadly and thoroughly understood. On the other hand the less people know the more fun they are for us to use. Cuz lets face it if they were "everywhere" nobody would think they were cool anymore.
Where are we supposed to shine in the sky that isn't occupied by some crazy aircraft, bird, etc. Even just honest star gazing could have some noob asking why you are trying to "shoot down planes!"
These guys however really crossed the line when they so brilliantly aimed two powerful greenies at cops, helicopters, boats etc. that was just asking for handcuffs.

Agreed, however I was just trying to point out that sometimes we need to step back and think about our own actions before finger pointing too much. I don't think there's anyone on the planet that hasn't done at least one stupid thing that they've ended up regretting in their lives. And sometimes, people don't realize they're acting stupidly until it's pointed out to them either.

Well, sure qume but... Targeting officers *and* the police helicopter? If the police wanted to talk to me, I probably wouldn't so much as shine a keychain flashlight in their faces.

It tends to result in "magically found" charges.