Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

More Power, was very easy to deal with

This Laser http://laserpointerforums.com/f39/sold-59909.html was Sold to me by "More Power"

More Power Sent my laser 1st Class mail no extra charge because it was 1 day late shipped :beer: Awesome. He sent it on 1/25/11. It came on 1/28/11 He gave me a very good deal on it as well. Thank you bud. He shipped it very well packaged, no damage could of happen to any of the items. The laser works ok I guess. The goggles are Crap and don't protect for nothing tho. I can shine and see the laser right through it.

It's Not New thats for sure (I knew that to start with) but it's got a rugged look to it, I'm not complaining much. :D has a "Little" Beam. Not very useable (it can't focus anyways) Just like he said. I'm going get a lens for it. Because it doesn't have a very good beam.

I'm using different lenses and can't get a good beam outta it. the laser stinks, the goggles stink.... Oh well you win some and loose some I guess... I got me a Green flashlight :beer:

The beam is about 4 inches at 15ft. And thats the bright spot not counting the huge skatter around it.The laser has a way off center bright spot and then it has some very bright mass sckater around it. I can make black stuff smoke at a few inches, but have yet lit a black match "as was claimed"

Like i said i'm not really complaining just telling you guys how it is.... I hope it's a good star "spotlight" hehe

I would buy from him again, I would just ask for a little more information. ;)

EDIT:

firstpiics061.jpg

When I got it, It looked like that...

Well After that tip fell off, because it was super glued on.... I clean up the glue mess with a razor. And sense the black heat fined thing could not be modified to work with the laser... I added something that will help it not get as hot as it was getting before. It does work. The beam still stinks but I'm not ....complaining :na:

IMG_0975.jpg

IMG_0974.jpg

The Beam is tight and it has one....

IMG_0979.jpg

But as you can see this is at very close reange and it has a square of mass scatter... It's me laser flashlight...

IMG_0976.jpg

IMG_0978.jpg

Last edited:

Looks like you have a dirty output optic. You should be able to clean it up.

No it's missing the 2ed lens to collimate the beam I thought:thinking: Because I used a lens cleaner and it didn't work.. I'll try again...

You wouldn't have such a tight beam if it was missing. Use care when cleaning the optic, and you should be able to tell a difference even if you can't get all the crap off.

You wouldn't have such a tight beam if it was missing. Use care when cleaning the optic, and you should be able to tell a difference even if you can't get all the crap off.

K thanks for the information. Is there anything else you suggest I got a lens cleaner and I also used a cotton ear swab. To no effect =(

It could be on the opposite side which you can't get at without removing the lens. Wait to see if someone familiar with your pen can provide more specific advise.

anselm

I can hardly believe these frickin' pictures.:eek:
Looks like someone just taped an o-like module to some pen.:crackup:
In order to fit a green module into the o-like, the beam expanding lens combination was removed,
so now you have the beam coming straight out of the crystal-pair.

Makes for a superthin beam with absolutely horrid divergence...

Also, the exit face of the crystal is all probably dirty....

Oh wait a second, did you say superglue? As in cyanoacrylate?
That stuff is huge NO-NO when it comes to lasers and optics.
Superglue fumes a lot, and those fumes deposit upon and screw up all your optics,
or whatever is left of them....

If I were you I'd get my money back....
This whole mess looks like it was made by a 13 year old.

Can you provide pictures "down the barrel", so one can see the optics/crystal/whatever?

Last edited:
I can hardly believe these frickin' pictures.:eek:
Looks like someone just taped an o-like module to some pen.:crackup:
In order to fit a green module into the o-like, the beam expanding lens combination was removed,
so now you have the beam coming straight out of the crystal-pair.

Makes for a superthin beam with absolutely horrid divergence...

Also, the exit face of the crystal is all probably dirty....

Oh wait a second, did you say superglue? As in cyanoacrylate?
That stuff is huge NO-NO when it comes to lasers and optics.
Superglue fumes a lot, and those fumes deposit upon and screw up all your optics,
or whatever is left of them....

If I were you I'd get my money back....
This whole mess looks like it was made by a 13 year old.

Can you provide pictures "down the barrel", so one can see the optics/crystal/whatever?

No need you pined it on the head. I can see the crystal. I'm not going bother dealing with a return, I paid 30$ and it all was crap but I got a GREEN FLASHLIGHT ... how cool is that Right?....

Not very cool. For ~10 bucks or less you could get an overspec green on ebay.
I agree with the "built by a 13 year old" assessment, everyone involved in lasers knows about crazing glue.
Green lasers are getting so inexpensive it isn't worth getting someone's "first project". Good you have such a good attitude about it, I'd be pissed.

GBD

Good you have such a good attitude about it, I'd be pissed.

Huh.. I half thought he was bieng sarcastic at times...

Well, in general, those o-like modules are very good... so long you use the fat back barrel it came with, else it cannot dissapate jack shit and is even worse then the aixiz counterpart.

On a side note, I had this effect before with a pen I took apart for fun.
I achived the same results you have in this thread by removing the expanding lens and final colimating lens of the DPSS assembly.

main thing that gives this such a terrible divergance is most likly the lack of an expanding lens, so you start with a rediculously thin beam diameter and it just gets worse from that point on.

Huh.. I half thought he was bieng sarcastic at times...

Well, in general, those o-like modules are very good... so long you use the fat back barrel it came with, else it cannot dissapate jack shit and is even worse then the aixiz counterpart.

On a side note, I had this effect before with a pen I took apart for fun.
I achived the same results you have in this thread by removing the expanding lens and final colimating lens of the DPSS assembly.

main thing that gives this such a terrible divergance is most likly the lack of an expanding lens, so you start with a rediculously thin beam diameter and it just gets worse from that point on.

Yes your right I'm was being Sarcastic.

Yeah i just don't want to bother with a return. All in All I got a A Black Necklace Case. A Pair of Goggles you can see the beam and the color of the laser through. It's sorta hazed but there junk. And... the Laser/Flashlight... :crackup: