Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

More bad safety

JimK

Felt the need to alert folks of some more bad practice and to quite a large audience on "Dude Perfect" this time.
Not enough safety here, and gives a false sense to people watching that could lead to further issues to our hobby.

Argggg, make sure that comment section knows sunglasses arent acceptable.

/rant

Felt the need to alert folks of some more bad practice and to quite a large audience on "Dude Perfect" this time.
Not enough safety here, and gives a false sense to people watching that could lead to further issues to our hobby.

Argggg, make sure that comment section knows sunglasses arent acceptable.

/rant
That is the worst I've seen. It's sheer luck no one lost vision.

If this is the worst you've seen you haven't been looking very long. I can't count the number of idiot things I've seen on YT. This is not even close to the worst I've seen. It takes so little to impress some people. These guys are just morons.
Compared to you-I'd not be surprised if you've looked far longer than I. :)
I've not seen someone waving a powered on Class IV so carelessly before. They have a lot of watchers who may try this-wearing SUNGLASSES.

BowtieGuy

LPF Site Supporter
I'm sure most of us remember this idiot kid who didn't accidently shine a laser in his eyes, he actually built a robot for the sole purpose of shining a laser in his eyes! o_O

I think he's working on getting his own Darwin Award.

They're lucky to not have already burned out each others eyeballs... There's a lot of pretty reflective looking surfaces around that studio.

There was also the guy who intentionally shined a laser into his eyes on YT. We talked about that one for a few days suggesting ways he may have pulled it off and not causing harm to his vision. I seriously doubt this video was done in a studio. It was setup to look that way, but was likely just a room in one of the idiot's houses. We will see videos like this as long as there are people who think doing stuff like this brings them fame.

I'm sure most of us remember this idiot kid who didn't accidently shine a laser in his eyes, he actually built a robot for the sole purpose of shining a laser in his eyes! o_O

I think he's working on getting his own Darwin Award.

That's a WIN for the stupidity award!

Anthony P

Can't resist piling on. Sunglasses dilate pupils providing a larger target for a stray beam. I was once accidentally struck in the eye with a mere HeNe and everything looked blue for several minutes afterward. Also, an old acquaintance focused a CO2 laser on a concrete block... minerals fused and caused a stray to reflect and hit his eye. To this day he sees a floating dark spot in his field of vision.

Can't resist piling on. Sunglasses dilate pupils providing a larger target for a stray beam. I was once accidentally struck in the eye with a mere HeNe and everything looked blue for several minutes afterward. Also, an old acquaintance focused a CO2 laser on a concrete block... minerals fused and caused a stray to reflect and hit his eye. To this day he sees a floating dark spot in his field of vision.
OUCH! Yes-SAFETY first. That Youtiube vid really bothered me. I posted a comment-lost in the "cool dudes!" comments.
I first saw Laser Safety glasses on the original Star Trek-original Pilot- The Cage. I read bout safety-and got a few Eagle Safety glasses

Hi,
I haven't seen so many retards in one spot at any given time. Do they really still make people like that anymore, thats what happens when your conceived out of anger. Sorry LPF just my OP..

Rich:)

These guys are just morons. ''Paul''
That is an insult to morons everywhere.
That backwards ball cap look IS coming back just hang in there fellers.

also I know for a fact that they are not morons.. I go to every meeting and they are never there...so.. not morons

These guys are just morons. ''Paul''
That is an insult to morons everywhere.
That backwards ball cap look IS coming back just hang in there fellers.

also I know for a fact that they are not morons.. I go to every meeting and they are never there...so.. not morons
:) Im glad you pointed that out!

Benm

Oh gosh, so many things going wrong there.

The sunglasses are a big fail obviously, and they actually look like ordinary sunglasses, not laser protective eyewear that they just call sunglasses for the show.

With a laser outputting a couple of watts a beam stop and not waving it around in your hands close to other people might also be a pretty good idea.

These can set stuff on fire - not only matches, but also someones clothes, the drapes, etc. I have a nice burn hole in my wallpaper reminding me to use beamstops. And this was wallpaper painted over with white latex paint a few times too, so pretty high albedo. After meddling with the power pot on a labby i wondered where the smoke was coming from (i didn't really see much because my goggles block out the laser wavelength so the dot on the wall did not appear bright). I actually thought i'd fried something in the circuit at first :D