Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Monster Usb rechargeable host.

First thing first, dispose of those cheap battery death trap that they sold with it......Then you should be good to go. Good to hear its not a total loss

ARG

Isn't there laws in the USA prevent the sale of unsafe consumer products like this?

First thing first, dispose of those cheap battery death trap that they sold with it...

Why not cut off the wrapping and extract the cells instead? Maybe he'll find a protection circuit or something crazy.

Last edited:

Tmack

There is indeed a protection circuit upon extraction.

NKO29

I couldn't imagine WALMART would sell unsafe products to thousands of customers. This is a MASSIVE company we're talking about here, I would hope they carefully check their up-coming products before they hit the shelves. There was actually a doco on it ages ago, quite interesting. Good luck with the build, i was thinking about a in-host chargeable battery solution a while ago :) And if not for safety change the cells for higher capacity ones if you can :D

WalMart doesnt care about how safe the product is, trust me i used to work there for a year. All they care about is, is the package presentable, does it work, can we sell it, is it a low price; check. alright put it on the shelf. How many times do you hear in the news- such and such was recalled blah blah blah. Yup 95% walmart sold it so that just shows you, they dont care. they dont have the time to inspect these products. they rely on the companies to test products and provide them with safe products

Nice find for wallyworld!

I've been wanting a thrower. No need at all for one, so I don't have one, but been wanting one.

Last edited: