Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MOD DEL THREAD! KIPKAY(WINNER) Laser for sale. Arctic Spyder III (G2) , Wicked Laser

Re: KIPKAY (WINNER) Laser for sale. Arctic Spyder III (G2) , Wicked Laser

the only laws i know are the USA and Canada lol, in Canada all lasers Are Legal we don't have laser laws as long as the lasers comply with the Radiation Emitting Devices Act we are safe

it's very simple when you sell your laser put within your FS add that the buyer is Responsible to finding out if the laser is legal in there area and that you are not Responsible if they laser is Taken by customs or if the laser is not legal as it's not up to you to check the laws in there area.

that would cover you from a legal stand point for the sale almost anywhere even within the usa i think but the US has many laws for every state LMAO

ped

Ive bought many lasers from members on this board, including a 600mW 532nm from a moderator, if you put on the label 1000mW laser, customs are going to be interested, if you put $30 flashlight, like most other people do, you should be ok?

xmguy

Ive bought many lasers from members on this board, including a 600mW 532nm from a moderator, if you put on the label 1000mW laser, customs are going to be interested, if you put $30 flashlight, like most other people do, you should be ok?

I plan to ship it in the SAME box KipKay shipped it to me in. The "Middleman" can handle doing the legal stuff for customs.
The box says "Galco Int" on it.

Once again sorry to say but your mistaken, under us law Code of Federal Regulations, if you where to sell an item that the fda say's is not legal to be sold within the us you would be able to be held to the law for not following what they say. again many people due it and the chance of anything happening is very small but like i said this was just to tell the op that him saying that if something was to happen you can't do anything to him and that is not the case.

No, if you re-read my post, I'm in agreement with you. I said "import or sell" in my own post, and as far as I know the law makes no distinctions between re-selling or private sales once it actually gets Stateside.

And as far as I know they can still confiscate it based on said illegal importation and sale. Just that they can't for mere possession of it. A fine line, since if they confiscate it, it does not really matter why they did it, and you're still out the money.

However, anyone can personally build a laser to the exact same standard, or with even fewer safety features yourself out of components, and US Federal law is completely silent on the matter.

xmguy

AAHHH!! Damn legal issues. I'm royally CONFUSED! I need the money. but need to be as legal as possible.

your Right AJ sorry i should of Read your post slower then what i did, my bad sorry if i came off as a dick LMAO i have that effect sometimes

AAHHH!! Damn legal issues. I'm royally CONFUSED! I need the money. but need to be as legal as possible.

Just start a new FS thread bro and put Buyer responsible for Laws in there area or something like that and that will cover your ass if they get taken by Customs lol

xmguy

your Right AJ sorry i should of Read your post slower then what i did, my bad sorry if i came off as a dick LMAO i have that effect sometimes

Just start a new FS thread bro and put Buyer responsible for Laws in there area or something like that and that will cover your ass if they get taken by Customs lol

I already have somebody wanting to buy at asking. I've asked him to digitally sign the "waver" of sorts. Before I will sell.

No you are not a dick. Not that I know of. LOL! But you gave me somethings to consider.

This is an interesting read....

Hrmm, can he disassemble the laser and sell it as a laser 'kit' instead? That's not illegal as I understand.... There must be some workaround with the legalities against what is stated about lasers, several S3 arctics have been bought & sold since people started receiving them.

I'm a gambling man, If I were you I'd just do it. Just remember to outline the manufacturers (WL) information about the laser being FDA approved (smartswitch) with the sale. Whether or not that is truly the case, WL has claimed it is so they should be responsible for any legal trouble you might deal with in the unlikely event of a water land.... of your being caught. The law probably sees all of this differently but that seems to be how it all should be.

if i understand the law correctly....the fda does not govern exportation of items. Wouldn't this fall under the jurisdiction of whatever agency governs it in the uk? By selling it to someone in a foreign country i don't think he is breaking any american laws....just uk laws.

like i said i have never seen anyone get busted or even read about it where they where selling lasers but it's always safe to make sure your safe, i like your idea danefex make it clear that WL dose say it's FDA Approve but also make sure they understand that it's up to them to check there laws as your not Responsible if Customs take it away. this way your covered,

if i understand the law correctly....the fda does not govern exportation of items. Wouldn't this fall under the jurisdiction of whatever agency governs it in the uk? By selling it to someone in a foreign country i don't think he is breaking any american laws....just uk laws.

yep from what i understand your right when sending out of usa it's not the usa that checks it it's the other place and as such make sure you put it's up to them to check there laws this will cover you in case they take it from them

Last edited:

xmguy

OK UPDATE! It's on the process of being sold to :"PED". No offence to PED. The middle man is user : "morgan" I've never done this before. How do I know I can trust this Morgan. No offence to anyone. Just curious.

Re: **PENDING SALE** KIPKAY(WINNER) Laser for sale. Arctic Spyder III (G2) , Wicked L

Morgan does a lot of group buys and business on here. He regularly handles large amounts of money and ships packages for diode group buys all the time. You can trust him as a middle man.

@ scarlet. People do get busted for selling lasers. Trust me.

Re: **PENDING SALE** KIPKAY(WINNER) Laser for sale. Arctic Spyder III (G2) , Wicked L

Morgan does a lot of group buys and business on here. He regularly handles large amounts of money and ships packages for diode group buys all the time. You can trust him as a middle man.

@ scarlet. People do get busted for selling lasers. Trust me.
You were :crackup:!