Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mitsu 500 hitting water tower 1 mile away.

Thought I would share my newly built Mitsu500 638nm hitting a water tower during morning light. I think this is quite impressive considering its not dark outside and I've only got it pushed to about an amp so maybe what? 700mw possibly? I need a lpm. I sure do wish I could upload more than 800x600.
Thanks for looking.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    67.9 KB · Views: 259

Another pic since it will not let me upload more than 1 attachment!!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    61.8 KB · Views: 187
hi richie,
hey the shots are cool and 600x800 is fine all anyone has to do after clicking on the post pic is click on it again and we can expand it no biggie .
Rich:)

Woah nice. I love long range beamshots. Just wait till you get something with a beam expander and you'll be amazed by what it can do.

Pretty good for its divergence,
See your enjoying your mits 500, I love mine

hi richie,
hey the shots are cool and 600x800 is fine all anyone has to do after clicking on the post pic is click on it again and we can expand it no biggie .
Rich:)

Thanks everyone :)
Hah yeah RAZ your green beamshot during day pic you posted a few weeks ago actually inspired me to take this.
Very true VV I was actually shocked at how intense this thing is, visually it looks like it travels further than my 1 watt 445

Reactions: GSS
Very cool Richie, just saw this thread! It's pretty cool to imagine you can control light so finely like that, to be able to put a small spot of light on a water tower a mile away. Like a gun, but with photons! :D

Very cool Richie, just saw this thread! It's pretty cool to imagine you can control light so finely like that, to be able to put a small spot of light on a water tower a mile away. Like a gun, but with photons! :D

Lmao!! Yeah no kidding man it's incredible to imagine how much power come from a small diode and lens, and unimaginable to think about how much energy is in the beam of a 07E or m44!! Can't wait till the day I have one of those.

ped

Great photo...couldn't see it at first, long range beam shots rock.

Ped

Razako

Seems like LPF could do with a general 'long range beamshot' thread.

Reminds me of a night back in the 80s when I did the same thing with a He-Ne laser at a water tower about 3/4 mile away. It put a very visible spot on the tower. Nice shot. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I tried to rep you, but I have to spread a bit more around first.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a night back in the 80s when I did the same thing with a He-Ne laser at a water tower about 3/4 mile away. It put a very visible spot on the tower. Nice shot. Thanks for sharing.

Edit: I tried to rep you, but I have to spread a bit more around first.

I run into that problem too when I didn't even realized I had already repped someone lol thank again though buddy, I would have loved to see that back then :D