Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Mits500 638nm in C6 host.

So I finished building this thing on 6-3-16 at 9:35pm.
I've never done a review or even built a laser before, so please bare with me :)

Parts used-
C6 host.
Aluminum heatsink.
Electrical tape.
Mits500 638nm diode in 12mm copper module from DTR.
1A driver from survivallaser.
3 element lens.

I originally had plans to build a laser using the oclaro700 but had many recommendations to use the mits500 due to the fact that it can be pushed as high as the oclaro700 with much better divergence and beam profile. I have to say that this thing is much brighter than I originally expected it to be. Unfortunately with no LPM I have no way of knowing exactly what this thing is putting out, most likely around 700mw since I only have a 3 element and a G2 will add more overall power. I'll actually have a more detailed video of the new build soon on my YouTube channel (04mach1speed).
I'm pretty happy with this even though it's one of the most simple builds in the world being that the C6 from survival is a very easy Host to start with.
A big special thanks to survival and DTR for making this possible. Again I apologize for this not being very detailed because I'm using my phone at the moment. I'll post a link when I have the video up :D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    28.6 KB · Views: 128
Last edited:

I'm a little confused as to why it didn't upload all my pics I posted?

Congratulations on the build. I don't know who told you the Mits has better divergence than the Oclaro as they are about the same. The Mits can be driven harder than the Oclaro and is far more forgiving.

Good job Richie,
Gotta love that big ole beam. You probably need to resize your pics. Can't wait for your video

Congratulations on your first build, my first build was also in a C6 but it was an M140 and is still working good. :gj:

Alan

Congratulations on the build. I don't know who told you the Mits has better divergence than the Oclaro as they are about the same. The Mits can be driven harder than the Oclaro and is far more forgiving.

Thanks guys :D
I actually don't remember where I heard it but thanks for clarifying that for me, yeah I had heard so many positive things about the mits and I'm glad I went with it

Good job Richie,
Gotta love that big ole beam. You probably need to resize your pics. Can't wait for your video

Sorry about the multi post but thanks so much :)
Yeah I'm so happy with it, I'll have the video up soon. I'm now hooked!! I wanna build another lol
I'll resize and try again

Can you show me how to make a 1.5 a driver circuit for red 1.2 w?

i honestly don't know anywhere near enough to show someone how to do that, my knowledge in that is literally 5-10% :(
If you can't find a thread on that I would go to driver category or search I wanna build a laser. It may be on "general" category I would post a link but I'm on my phone and my phone acts weird for some reason when I do that. Lol
One of these veterans on here would also be very happy to help you with that :D
I apologize that I can't help.

i honestly don't know anywhere near enough to show someone how to do that, my knowledge in that is literally 5-10% :(
If you can't find a thread on that I would go to driver category or search I wanna build a laser. It may be on "general" category I would post a link but I'm on my phone and my phone acts weird for some reason when I do that. Lol
One of these veterans on here would also be very happy to help you with that :D
I apologize that I can't help.

He's a troll:crackup::na:

He's asked this same question on about 20 threads and some of them have nothing to do with drivers nor red lasers.

He's a troll:crackup::na:

He's asked this same question on about 20 threads and some of them have nothing to do with drivers nor red lasers.

Damn it! I guess I should have known, commenting on a really old post, Specially pushing a mits to 1.5 amps. Haha!

Last edited: