Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

MISTERWILLING's 8x Review

hello guys,
i received today my 8x from MISTRERWILLING and i though is good to make a small review.so,here it goes.

SHIPPING:the laser took about 2 and a half weeks to arrived which is normal with our customs.it came very well packed with something like foam sheet.

LOOKING:the laser itself looks really nice to me.it's like the kryton but smaller.the diode is press fitted in the head like kryton.it also came with a focusing ring.

BURNING:this laser burns pretty well,i can burn wood and white paper like nothing,the flexdrive is set at ~330mA and outputs 495mW after LarryDFW lenses.

i highly recommend MISTERWILLING to do business with.he is very trustful and answered to all of my PM's pretty fast,i will sure to business with him again in the future.

Thanks MISTERWILLING!
i will get a video up by tomorrow because of school.
BTW here are some pics of it.
1787-img-0577.jpg

1788-img-0576.jpg

1790-img-0575.jpg

1793-head.jpg

1794-img-0573.jpg

1795-img-0571.jpg

any criticize is appreciated,this is my first review.

EDIT:beam comparison with my DX ''200mW'' green pointer.
1809-beam-comparison-200mw-green-495mw-blu-ray.jpg

Last edited:

xbLazE

How much you paid for it?
I'm kinda interested too, just wanna know the price

Sorry I don't mean to be negative but I have to ask is that wad of wire the positive terminal or the negative terminal ? can you say "SHORT CIRCUIT" and you payed 290 huh :whistle:
I would fix that befor one of them little wires gets over to the case and grounds out.

Nice review pictures always make it better !
BR

Pyro...

hello guys,
i received today my 8x from MISTRERWILLING and i though is good to make a small review.so,here it goes.

SHIPPING:the laser took about 2 and a half weeks to arrived which is normal with our customs.it came very well packed with something like foam sheet.

LOOKING:the laser itself looks really nice to me.it's like the kryton but smaller.the diode is press fitted in the head like kryton.it also came with a focusing ring.

BURNING:this laser burns pretty well,i can burn wood and white paper like nothing,the flexdrive is set at ~330mA and outputs 495mW after LarryDFW lenses.

i highly recommend MISTERWILLING to do business with.he is very trustful and answered to all of my PM's pretty fast,i will sure to business with him again in the future.

Thanks MISTERWILLING!
i will get a video up by tomorrow because of school.
BTW here are some pics of it.
1787-img-0577.jpg

1788-img-0576.jpg

1790-img-0575.jpg

1793-head.jpg

1794-img-0573.jpg

1795-img-0571.jpg

any criticize is appreciated,this is my first review.

Last edited:
by the video.. it does not seem to be so much bright... why(bathroom was filled by condesation..or smoke, so.. don't count )?.... how can you compare its brightness with a green laser?... 30mw... 50mw of green?

Last edited:
by the video.. it does not seem to be so much bright... why(bathroom was filled by condesation..or smoke, so.. don't count )?.... how can you compare its brightness with a green laser?... 30mw... 50mw of green?

it is just the camera doesn't pick it up good,on my other camera is really bright.i don't have 50mW but i can clearly see the beam in the sky.

Sorry I don't mean to be negative but I have to ask is that wad of wire the positive terminal or the negative terminal ? can you say "SHORT CIRCUIT" and you payed 290 huh :whistle:
I would fix that befor one of them little wires gets over to the case and grounds out.

Nice review pictures always make it better !
BR

Pyro...

is the negative.i don't want to open it up and try to fix it.will it be ok if put some solder on them?

To me, that little wad of copper makes a good battery connection so long as it doesn't spread out too much. If you are burning white paper with that, Be careful for your eyes.

HMike

is the negative.i don't want to open it up and try to fix it.will it be ok if put some solder on them?

I think that'd be the positive contact terminal. If it was the negative contact, then that means the the flexdrive is running case positive (which it can't).

The casing is black anodized which isn't conductive, a short isn't possible. Plus that part of the casing never needs to be removed unless your changing the diode so its not an issue. PLus the battery doesn't need to be taken out and charged very often. Mine lasted me 4 months.

I do have critisim on how your burning things, you are coating your lens with smoke! Dont hold the laser where the smoke can get ANY where near the lens. You have all ready probably lost a bit of power output because of this. I lost over 35% of power doing the same thing for a month or two. Only way to fix it remove the lens, clean very well with something like lab grade acetone and lint free tissues and remount. You can try to clean the lens while its mounted but I havn't had much luck cleaning the "bubble" side while its mounted.

Last edited:
oh ok, inside is anodized. Wouldn't that trap unwanted heat in the barrel? Although I'm sure it's not being run long enough to produce that much heat anyway.

Yes 100% anodized except for small contact points which the plating was removed so the power can make it through the host.

The anodizing isn't messing up the heatsinking, this host has way more then you need for that tiny diode. The heat also goes all over the host so its very effective.