Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

Misinformed purchase, need help now :)

If that's where the red/black wire goes to on the bottom left they are in fact the power wires. You can see the fuse and filter capacitors.
I would look for part/model numbers and google that to see what comes up.

If that's where the red/black wire goes to on the bottom left they are in fact the power wires. You can see the fuse and filter capacitors.
I would look for part/model numbers and google that to see what comes up.

That power cable (red and black) doesn't seem to want to accommodate a normal plug wire with Line, Neutral and Ground, all it's got is Line and negative.

That power cable (red and black) doesn't seem to want to accommodate a normal plug wire with Line, Neutral and Ground, all it's got is Line and negative.

most dont my green labby just has a l and n line but i would be careful dont through any power to it yet you dont wanna blow that PSU

ARG

Contact the seller and see if they will give you any advice. Does the laser have a model number or anything on it? You may be able to goggle it up and get a spec sheet.

Contact the seller and see if they will give you any advice. Does the laser have a model number or anything on it? You may be able to goggle it up and get a spec sheet.

There was a model number on the laser head but that came up with nothing..

Theres a white block in the PSU.. veiwable in that picture^^ that says 250V on it, which I guess is the max voltage?

Last edited:
A good way to tell if it's AC or DC is to look around where the wire go to the board for Diodes or a bridge rectifier.

But as ARGLaser says, try contacting the seller for info.

A good way to tell if it's AC or DC is to look around where the wire go to the board for Diodes or a bridge rectifier.

But as ARGLaser says, try contacting the seller for info.

Ok, I also see a current adjuster in there aswell.. (pot)

Also, once you get this working can you do a review? :D

The price on this laser is amazing.

Yeh no problem, I'm actually starting to think I might need an AC to DC converter.. On my 1W 460nm from Styro it goes.... Plug > Then I think to a converter / PSU > Driver > Head > Output..

All those > mean a cable in between them.

The plug goes into the "converter" and on the side of the converter it says... Input 240VAC 0.7A... Output - 6.2v 5A.

So maybe I need the same setup.. Plug > AC-DC converter > PSU / Driver > Laser.

Ahhh i don't knowwww

Last edited:
Im thinking the red and black has to be power and the yellow is TTL modulation

to me, there are enough clues and it looks like that board on the bottom is AC powered

follow the fuse.. does it go over to that big green capacitor lookingish thing with the resistor pictorial silkscreened below it? Where does it go afterwards?
(LOWER white board, Lower left corner, component right above text: "Warning")

LOL what are all those black marks on the workbench's side?

dscf3371m.jpg

I'd say it's an AC powered unit. A 250V filter cap, fuse, opto couplers and it looks, feels and probably tastes like an AC power supply.

now that i think about it and see the previous posts. i would agree those big caps make sense for it to be ac powered. hook up L and N and cross your fingers :p

Dan,
The black and red pair is the power input. After multiple messages to the seller, I found that it wants 110 volts AC. In the U.S. we have 120 volts and it seems to work fine. Don't think it will like 220 volts, though.
The laser will operate at full power without any connection to the TTL modulation input (yellow/black). Normally, the TTL signal (0-5 Volt DC) would come from a laser show controller board or DMX to TTL interface. This will allow you variable intensity and beam modulation (blanking). If you are hoping to draw graphics, this laser will probably disappoint you as the beam is pretty large (3 X 10 mm) at aperture and expands to about 5 X 25 mm at about 3 meters. The beam profile can be corrected to be more "square" (but not smaller) with a pair of anamorphic prisms. For beam effects in haze, it will be great as is!
Hope this was of some help.

Message off another seller who bought it.