Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

mini RGB projector Spiro Deluxe!!

We got 8 you got one.. none are the right LK 3D
lacks B
no RC
no 'spiro=like' stuff.
Contact Linna- send back and get correct one. afaik she will reimburse the return cost..

len

She proposed to send me the right one for USD145 and free shipping if I keep the wrong one. Not a bad way to sell 2 instead of one.

And yes, I finally noticed the lable RG on front - it really was no blue there!

But from other side, is it possible to dismantle it and use for some funny builds? Replace lasers inside by 405 or 635nm or by stronger (MM) ones - 5.6 or 9mm? Do you know if LDs are fixed in 10mm or 12mm modules there? Are the beams steered by rotating mirrors like in old Disco-PJs or otherwise?

Or is it not worth trying with only 2 coloured device?

I remember receiving a mis-described projector from DinoDirect and they went through huge amounts of effort to make me just accept store credit rather than have them pay to have the product shipped back. Eventually I obliged and got another tiny projector. They seem to have okay parts in them that, while not the highest quality, at least have an all-in-one package that you can make some nice effects.

So yeah, it might be a nice way to go to keep that second projector and retrofit something else in there.

At end I think to send it back. And if to dismantle anything, then better be it one RGB with 3 lasers, not RG with only 2.

Hi Hak,

At the end I sent the wrong PJ to the address given by Linna and now received the apparently ordered one. This one came with remote control in the box and has microphone built in, but does not work.

I mean the 1st wrong PJ (RG) started autoshow after power was on and key switch turned 90°. In this one the key switch can be turned several times 360° in any direction and looks not fixed to the body at all. Fan is making noise and I would say that I can hear the sound of mirror motors but it seems that no lasers are inside (they do not turn on).

As the 1st one this PJ does not have serial number, nor any inscription on panels stating that it is LK-3D.

Have you really managed to get working things from this supplier in the past?

Edit: OK the reason for lasers not switching on was Interlock connector also had to be in place, so 2 safety features in this device!
Now I see all 3 RGB colours and rotating 3D figures projected.

Can anyone advise me what do I have to buy to check DMX feature? Is it a kind of hardware interface to computer with DMX software in a bundle (like Soundblaster with its software was for HiFi)?

And the Key switch had no washer behind - I opened back panel and tightened it . Now it is OK. Anyway I am going to dismantle it one day...

Last edited:
Here is the inside - I see 3 lasers, 2 dichros and 2 motorised mirrors.

Attachments

• LK-3D open top.jpg
    LK-3D open top.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 45
  • LK-3D open front.jpg
    LK-3D open front.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 45

diachi

Can anyone advise me what do I have to buy to check DMX feature? Is it a kind of hardware interface to computer with DMX software in a bundle (like Soundblaster with its software was for HiFi)?

You need a DMX controller of some kind - I'm not able to recommend one - I've never actually used DMX. You can pick them up cheap on eBay or Amazon by the looks of it - you can even get DMX controllers that plug into your computer with USB and are controlled by software instead of physical hardware.

Search around for "DMX Controller" - loads of options out there.

Last edited: